1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Has the whole vaping Fad slowed down?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by -V-, Jul 10, 2017.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

A few years ago it was still kinda new, lots of new stuff coming out and things were buzzing

But, the USA has had the whole regulations hitting, the UK been hit by the TPD, Thailand has got tighter...
    Has the whole vaping fad slowed right down would you say?

I think it has from say 2 or 3 years back...
    I too have kinda stepped back, I vape but that's about it, what's new, what's going to be new really doesn't bother me too much now...

Will vaping end up like cigarettes were/are? They're there, you vape, and that's it?...

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I think if you start vaping you really enjoy it and want to buy as many as you can even though you probably only need three mods and atomizers at the end.

But I guess in the beginning you are also experimenting what is nice for you as a vaper and you buy a lot of stuff that you don't like and need. After a while you get saturated with all the gear you like and it is not that special anymore and I think I am in that phase right now.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  3. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

When I first started vaping there was a lot of discussion/hype around ceramic coils. This carried on for a while and several different ceramic coil iterations hit the market. The material for the future of vaping they said ! Yet today, while some brands are still available conversation/new products expounding ceramic appear to have almost totally died-off.

Siam Diesel, jpr and Konvict like this.
  4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I still keep relatively up to date with what is being released, but buy very little of it nowadays.

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

vaping is now a real business: good and bad product, the good stay.

As many, I get bored of doing the beta test:
    bad 510 connection on mod , dysfunction in the setup (have to wait for an update, sometimes it never append), leaking or bad conception on RDA RBA, new technologies (ceramic) etc...
    I was happy, one months ago in france , to look in the shop good products (buying in a shop include a garanti and (a little bit) the satisfaction of the customers, if not.....)

The other important point is that you know your vape after a while and you buy only what you think you'll enjoy. I keep relatively up to date

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I was into the high-end scene for over a year but the market tanked last year and things slowed waaaayyy down...I still follow it but stopped buying a year ago (it got too hard to get stuff in here) and haven't seen anything new that I really want except maybe a Billet Box (and I keep thinking about that).

The FDA regulations in the US and the EU TPD have certainly put a big brake on the vaping scene...but China continues to pump out new products. Nonetheless, the market is maturing and it's less like the Wild West and more like normal business these days.

I think where things go from here will depend in large part on what happens in the US with the FDA regs...only time will tell on this. ;)

Bantorvaper and jpr like this.