1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Griffin RTA (Mini Review)

Discussion in 'Vaping Reviews' started by Scuba Vaper, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Thread Starter Open Water Scuva Instructor

All of this makes sense ... And thanks for suggesting RTA, it does all of what my subtank will never do, so was/is next logical step forward for a man such as myself who can build his own coils and probably will never buy any premades ... Not sure what's next to add to my vaping arsenal, PM me if you get any ideas !

2. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

Look into Dripper & Mech Mod perhaps?

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  3. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

From the discussion we had in Patts I would just get settled with this and see how it goes for a while. When you have a feel for wicking and building on the Griffin you may/may not want more from vaping. I'll keep looking around in the mean timeand if I see something you might be interested in I'll give you a shout.
    **Updated**
    If you are happy with the RTA side of things it may be that you want a different mod or something like that. Who knows really.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  4. Scuba Vaper

Got myself a cheap dripper, should probably look into recoiling as not overly impressed with my fist attempt ... Wanted it mainly for trying new juices, but with top fill RTA, this is pretty quick now anyway ... A new dripper would probably have a volicity style deck, as the three post deck hard to position coils correctly ... Or at least how it seemed :)

Mech mods, not sure, what would be the pros for getting one ?
    **Updated**
    I'm gonna try eVic mini for a few more watts. I like "stealth" idea, and changing batteries in favour of stealth suits me at the moment ... I know we differ on this, which is fine, be a boring world if we were all the same !

I should probably rebuild my RDA deck, not happy with my setup, would like a lower watt coils setup ... Might post a photo of the RDA and see what ppl suggest ...

5. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Cons,
    safety as as there is no built in safety for shorts and low battery and ohms as with a regulated mod.
    Slower ramp up and potentially cooler vape with the larger metal mass coils.

pro's
    size
    aestgetics are loved by some, inc yours truly
    simplicity, no circuitry to go wrong

this can be either a pro or a con. dependant or your desire to learn and play.

Regulating the heat of your vape and wattage using gauge of wire, ohms and number of wraps of the given wire.

That's just a quick short list from me. There are others as well but these are the main ones I think.

Basically a regulated mod is more adaptable.

Scuba Vaper and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Cons: + Vape changes and diminishes as the battery depletes.

7. skeeters
    Lurking

skeeters E juice monster

nipples the size of scania wheel nuts, was always the expression i heard, or nipples the size of fighter pilots thumb's ;)

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  8. Scuba Vaper

Hence "adlib" and creative writing ... Still thanks for being more accurate, now at least I know what the correct expression is before opening my mouth :)
    **Updated**
    Thanks guys, that's fairly close to where I thought we were with mech mods. As and when I have some more time for DIY and stuff, I'll check them out. Quite taken by Vamo v7, for replaceable batteries in small form factor, 40w top output and has some of the nice things similar to tube mech mods, without the downsides ... Don't forget I'm still a newbie, only joined here in late Dec ...

9. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I found a nice build on the Griffin for flavor if you are using TC. SS 316L, 28 ga., 10 wrap, 0.45 ohm. 490 F at 40 watts on the DNA 200. Nice warmish (for me) flavorful vape. I actually think I like it better than the Claptons I was using. No ramp up time and no spitting and poping I get with the Claptons. As far a mechs go I recommend a Nemesis clone. Very good starter mech and a cheap way to see if you like them. Besides if something happens and wipes out all electronics, it's good to know you can still vape while the world burns. (At least until you've drained all your batteries.)

Scuba Vaper and Jared S like this.
  10. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

Greatttt I was about to ask if it is possible to do TC with dual coils.

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  11. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Another one was "the size of Foden throttle stops"...yes I am that old to remember Foden's LOL

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  12. Scuba Vaper

LOL You're a legend :) ... somewhere in the grey matter I sense knowing of Foden, Google would probably solve my curiosity !