1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Greetings

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Chili Pepper, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a while and thought it was about time I said hi.

Found this forum really useful being new to vaping. I set myself up about a month ago and am enjoying the new experience, down to around 3 normal ciggerattes a day and plan to go full time vaping from the 15th March.

The above being said, I've found some things hit and miss, especially juice flavors. Out of around 25 bottles I've got perhaps there are 3 or 4 I can honestly say I enjoy, some are damn right nasty. Ironically nasty juice has been one of the better ones. I will try and let them sit and steep a while. I should have read more on the juice reccomendations from forum members with hindsight.

Anyway, good to be here and hope I can provide some useful contributions to the forum now that I'm finding my feet.

Cheers.

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Chili Pepper likes this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

:welcome:

Chili Pepper likes this.
  5. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

6. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Hello, and welcome to TV. :welcome:The forum will help you through the minefield. It certainly did with me, although eighteen months ago life was simpler. No 200w "starter kits" with 0.005 ohm coils as standard.
    Juice is obviously subjective. As a heavy smoker, I followed perceived wisdom and started on the only three 18 mg juices I could find that weren't tobacco. Gave away two and went down to 12 mg. Tried lots of cheap Feelife just to get an idea of flavours I like.
    VVV is now my regular supplier of juice, because I know it will arrive in a day or so. Love Triphammer from the UK and Yaeliq from Israel, but with the added stress that it won't arrive. All part of vaping in LoS.
    Good luck. The effort is worth it.

Siam Diesel, Konvict and Chili Pepper like this.
  7. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome Mick.

Yes I made a mistake with my first order getting 12mg nic. Based on what I had read I believed 18mg was similar to a normal cigarette. But, I hadn't factored that the mods I were using were sub ohms...those juices were as harsh as hell....ended up ordering a second batch of 0mg and mixed 50/50 to balance it out. 6mg is where I am at now.

Yes, used VVV, the Ruyen 4 has been my favorite of the juices I tried so far from them. Also the extreme ice has been good, but I only add it to other juices for little menthol hit. I have some others steeping now, hawk sauce and butterscotch.

For Feel Life, got a first batch a couple of days ago. Vaped a couple of them out of the box, Cheesecake was ok...but the RY4 was awful, tasted like dried grass cuttings. I'm not judging them yet as maybe need steep time,although the vendor said they didn't need steeping.

Yes I take your point taste is subjective, so reluctant to give my opinions on any particular juice as each to their own....I've purchased a few flavor concentrates and am going to experiment adding little bits here and there to the flavors I am not happy with....I got some caramel and vanilla to mix with the pure tobaccos I didn't like in the hope to recreate something like VVV Mr.Baker Ruyen 4 - but I doubt you can hit that original taste. I'm tasting around but that is currently my number one candidate for my ADV.

Next on order currently is from Vapor Mist..have high hopes based on members reviews.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    farangmick, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

strange on my mind, normally tobacco have to steep, not so much than complex mixing but more than simple fruit flavor.
    If I don't like a king of 'basic' tobacco, I mix it with mint or menthol, wen I find the good proportionality it's magic. If it can help ( and if you like the mentholated tobacco test ;-) )

Chili Pepper likes this.
  9. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

10. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Since you've already progressed from Chinese juice,I'd forget it. Like drinking a bottle of Lao Khao, or a bottle of 20 year old Malt. Both will give you the same result, but the Scotch will give a lot more pleasure before you fall over.

Chili Pepper and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Hello, new poster here,
    Have been vaping and living in Thailand for many years.
    Cheers.
    **Updated**
    Hello, new poster here,
    I understood I have to make 5 posts for spam checking so as a second post I will write that I've been reading this forum for a while and found it interesting enough to become a member.
    Cheers
    **Updated**
    Hello, new poster here,
    Completely agree.

12. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Yep, and now you're on 7 posts you should be well clear....

Fastoche likes this.
  13. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

Great.