1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Govt urged to lift ban on e-cigarettes

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Rowdy, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Thread Starter Old broken down Vaper

Allowing smoke-free products seen as more effective in discouraging tobacco smokers than plain packaging.

A NETWORK OF e-cigarette users and importers have suggested that lifting the ban on smoke-free products and issuing appropriate regulations would be a more-effective measure to discourage people from smoking rather than selling cigarettes in plain packages.

Govt urged to lift ban on e-cigarettes

:vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping:

jpr, Konvict, Rick O-Shea and 3 others like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

jpr, Konvict, SooKee and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Thread Starter Old broken down Vaper

Maybe there is change coming......"I hope so"

jpr, Konvict, SooKee and 1 other person like this.
  4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

tourist are vaping. vaping is allowed in China
    What ever the press write, it could be also a good way to save income?
    I can be wrong.
    out of scope:
    As the special queue up and "Christmas new year" visa exception in suwanaphun for Chinese

Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  5. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Yeah, tourists are vaping, if unlucky they're also getting caught with all the grief that goes with that. Still very risky IMO.

jpr, Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  6. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Since living here, I have come to the conclusion that I cant fathom out why,
    Thailand is so anti-ecigarette, I know about the import tax situation...

A normal 'Joe Bloggs' would probably think its cheaper to smoke tobacco ,than ecigarettes,

as for an example ..a decent setup, inc mod,batteries,charger ,tank/dripper, probably an initial payment of 4-5000 baht..

much more cheaper & easy to pay 70baht for a pack of 20 fags... so using this example..

How can ecigarettes can be viewed as a threat to Govt tax income...or the Thai Tobacco company??..

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Ben2vape

Ben2vape Well-Known Member

Given that Nic-Salt 10ml sells around 100 baht, and should be good for 5 days, taken with a pod costing about 150 baht - total consumption there is about 250 baht. For 60 baht per day analogues, that's 300 baht. It's about half the cost.

Also it's not easily controlled - you don't buy your SMS reds online. Business is well controlled to guarantee income.

My wife was shocked - she told me it's very dangerous, her friends (some of which also vape) pointed out serious health problems (in Thai, she wouldn't explain or translate...).

My research always confirms that - so far - evidence shows health risks (example - COPD) to be reduced from smoking by 95%.

So stealthy vaping is, to me, very acceptable as an alternative to smoking (not an addition to 'reduce smoking') but less acceptable as a 'hobby' and rather annoying as a culture.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

They aren't...other than if everyone switched, tobacco tax revenue would plummet. The head of the Ministry of Health is the sticking point...he's using "save the children" as the (main) reason for blocking legalization. He also tells the locals that ecigs are more dangerous than smoking, etc., etc., etc. Since we have to presume that he's an educated man (he's an MD), there has to be something else going on in the background...most likely that the right people haven't figured out how to profit. TIT & YMMV. :)

Ben2vape, SooKee and moonoy93 like this.
  9. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

Another side is that legalizing vaping could also be accompanied by encouraging an e-cig manufacturing base in the country. Business restrictions are less than China's and the GoT would create another revenue stream.

jpr, Siam Diesel and moonoy93 like this.