1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Got questions about my new subox nano

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Sonny, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Sonny

Sonny Thread Starter Member

Hello all,

So I got a brand new subox nano kit few days ago and been experimenting on it since then. I'm a noob though. I don't particularly have any questions but just trying to get better at this vape thing so I would appreciate your comments. Some newbies like me may also want to make use of the info i'm sharing below if they are thinking of getting a subox nano also or already own one.

When I just press the fire button and start inhaling the subtank nano on the top of my subox mod starts making a weird gurgling noise and spitting into my mouth. But if/when I blow into he drip tip (into the tank) for a second or something before inhaling and then inhale, it never spits or gurgles. I don't know if that's normal but i wish i didn't have to do that every time i vape. Because those people in the review videos they don't blow in they just start vaping and i hear no gurgling noise.

I only had usb 3.0 plugs and tried charging my battery through the usb cable when its inside my subox and it didn't charge at all. it kept showing a full life battery icon on the screen. Then I bought a converter or whatever you call it with usb 2.0 plugs on it. And this time subox did charge the battery. I find this kind of weird also.

ok i have a question now :)
    The tank holds small amount of juice as you all know. Is there a solution to this? why do i not see any people attaching a bigger tank for subox nano mod? cosmetic reasons? or bigger tanks just dont work good with the nano mod?

thanks

2. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Question 1: Your coil is getting too much e-liquid which it can't evaporate. What atomizer head are you using, device settings and type of e-liquid PG/VG?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. romkristoff

romkristoff Active Member

sonny where did u buy your kit??

4. Sonny

thvape

5. romkristoff

romkristoff Active Member

where i can find it?

6. Sonny

I'm using the 0.5 ohm coil that came with the kit. i have tried 2 ejuices of different brands. first one was 80/20 vg/pg. second one was 50/50. Within 18-40 watts interval it spits with both juices. I didn't try more than 40 but did try 15 to 17 watts didn't spit but not enough vaper.
    **Updated**
    Thai Vaping Vendors Info Section on here

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

I don't have any gurgling / spitting problem with my subox nano... I'm vaping 70/30 juice at 23-24 watt on 0.5 ohm coils.

The tank is small indeed and need to be refilled often but i find the nano more aesthetically pleasant than the Mini.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. peter-k
    Fine

That sounds normal. It's power mode I guess?

How about the 1.2 coil?

9. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Already some answers here, which are seem accurate ... I'll throw open my 2 bahts worth ...

I've done a little with USB2 charging circuits. Unfortunately manufacturers disagree on how they should be configured - so an answer therefore becomes not a straightforward question or answer. USB3 has more pins than USB2 but is supposed to be backwards compatible ! ... If you found a solution that works that's the important thing.

Personally I like to charge batteries outside the device in a separate charger, for no interruption in vaping time. So hence never tried to charge my Subox mini off it's charging port. May have had a more definitive answer for you if I had.

My subox "gurgles" from time to time. Generally I either turn down the wattage or suck harder. Gurgling isn't I think a fault, as far as I know.

The 0.5 ohm coil will produce quite a lot of vapour and that is what it's designed for. If you find yourself needing less vapour, and still have gurgling issues, give the 1.5 ohm coil that I think is included a try.

I tend to control the amount of vapour, by the length of the burn though. don't forget we'll have got used to how cigarettes work, and e-cigarettes work slightly differently. So we have to adjust to them rather than them adjusting to us, if that makes sense.

I quickly moved onto the RBA installing my own coils, because it seems to me so much more economical. I have a few M of wire, and two massive boxes of organic cotton from watsons, and through advice here, may last a lifetime. Mostly RBA coils can be cleaned and rewicked, meaning a single coil lasts for months, and no need to be spending time making coils that often, well, unless you want to, some do ...

As for your question about larger tanks, someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be able to attach other 510 threaded atomisers to your mod. You're limited to 50w, so don't be wishing to run an 8 coil setup off it, but many larger atomisers, such as kanger subtank for instance would fit onto and work with the mod. That's the theory anyway, do your own due diligence !

As for aesthetics "up to you" really. Subox nano mod I think is 19mm, so the 22mm or 25mm attomisers might look a bit gay, but I dunno that might be the look you want, I don't judge, that much ... Although, I do reserve the right to take the piss or the Micky, as others would surely do the same in reverse, so would be unfair not to :)

My kit is subox mini kit. Comes with subtank which is 4.5ml of liquid. I recently also bought bell caps, which bring capacity down to about the same as the nano. I don't mind refilling after a few millilitres, because one's olfactory senses can get "bored" with same flavours. See post on here about "Vapers tongue". Refilling I don't find a chore, so not really interested in a larger tank, for these reasons. But never say never, with learning sometimes we change our preferences.

In total I bought 2 subox mini kits and 3 bell caps, which means effectively I have 5 tanks. Also bought an RDA for trying new juices, quickly without having to change the tank, and for any DIY juice making which may occur soon ...

My next "hardware" purchase is looking for something more discrete than subox mini, for vaping out and about. So thanks for posting the question, it brought the subox nano kit into my awareness. Not sure it's the answer for me, but another option to consider.

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  10. Sonny

thank you for the detailed answers. Which is the best RDA I can find in Thailand that is 18.5 mm in diameter to look good on my subox?

11. peter-k
    Fine

I wouldn't. I suggest for buying a 22 mm, bcs that's more future proof.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Sonny

i think i will wait until my current coil stops working as good before deciding on which rda.

one more question though. Should I keep vaping while charging my subox or is it really risky? How often do batteries in passthrough mods explode?

13. peter-k
    Fine

1 OCC coil lasts for me about 3 - 4 days. You can rebuild them. Oh, does it use OCC coils?

If you can vape with no battery but with the charger in (set at low wattage to try) you have true passthrough and you can vape as long as you wish. If there is no vape with no battery better don't vape when charging, at least not for longer.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

one more question though. Should I keep vaping while charging my subox or is it really risky? How often do batteries in passthrough mods explode?[/QUOTE].
    Not risky, but bloody inconvenient. I had just the Subox Mini and one battery for my first two months. Trying to vape on passthrough with the short connector was a pain. The cable also quickly became a loose fit.
    Tienga (E-CIG in the vendors section) has a Nitecore i2 charger at a good price, and Efest purple batteries. Big has LG H4's. Lot better being able to switch batteries. And in the unlikely event of something going bang, (never heard of it happening), it's not doing it in your face.
    Good luck, and keep checking this forum. All the answers are here, or links provided.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

I bought RDA el cheapo that does twin coil. I don't intend to use it with twin coils as more liquid wasted in cotton. So my recommendation would be to look for RDA that suits one coil. 22mm RDA easier to get, but I imagine there are 19mm ones too. The other RDA I saw I liked had the twin coils "stacked", so just one positive and one negative pole. If I ever buy a new one, then those are the kind of things I'd be looking at.

Doesn't subox nano come with rebuildable section RBA anyway ?

Siam Diesel likes this.