1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool Got gifted a Plume Veil today!

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by David in Bangkok, Mar 28, 2015.

1. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Thread Starter Well-Known Member

So Rick gave me the Plume Veil today, but I understand it originally came from @Scratchy and I wanted to give my thanks.

I have a Veritas, and I have bought another RDA but it doesn't come even close to the Veritas in quality for me. I have wanted a backup for the Veritas and I'm really excited to try out this one as most people seem to list this with the Veritas as the best RDA's, so I'm really hopeful that I like it. I use the Veritas most of the time when I vape, so I think another RDA is perfect for me, really grateful to @Scratchy for this one.

I'll have to build on it when I get some time tomorrow, I would love to use Rick's coil but it's only 0.5ohm and I can't fire that, so I'll get a new coil in there soon.

Rick O-Shea and Scratchy like this.
  2. MacAdder

MacAdder Well-Known Member

I have the Plume veil v1.5 and I love it. Great flavour and awesome clouds. Since I got it I've hardly used my other drippers. So easy to build with the four post deck.

3. David in Bangkok

I just will probably want to use it single coil because I am barely good enough at making one coil, I think that should be fine though. Hoping to find something even close to as good as the Veritas :)

4. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

You should find the plume veil a bit easier to coil, although i dont own one i have vaped off of them from time to time and they deliver a quality vape and a very easy build imo especially compared to the Veritas.

Enjoy, and props to scratchy for paying one forward :cheers:

David in Bangkok likes this.
  5. Nikosan

Nikosan Active Member

Agreed, the split positive post makes it easier to build dual coil with the addition of adding in thicker gauges. I've stuck 20 gauge in there and it vapes like a champ. I think one coil just won't do it justice considering the large amount of airflow that thing can pump out.

6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Nice of Rick to pass along and I'm happy to hear you are excited to give it a try! I've been busy trying out other RDAs for a while so I should revisit using the one I still own. Great flavor producer and can kick out some nice clouds as well. Only knock with the copy I have and I think that one too is that the base is sometimes a little difficult to remove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I gave it a good rub down with sandpaper @Scratchy . I'm not really using any dripper at the moment and thought David would get some use out of it.
    Thanks for letting me try it out in the first place.

8. David in Bangkok

I just quickly put in a 1.5 ohm coil. The posts make things much easier than the Veritas, that was for sure.

I just built the coil quickly and it's a little high from the juice well, I'm not sure if this makes a difference, or I just need to watch some videos on how to wick it, but I will figure it out soon enough.

From the little bit I got, I love the airflow, the lack of airflow seems to be the issue with the other RDA's. I also see why people prefer dual-coil as with this much airflow it could use some more vapor, but I'm not sure it's necessary as I like that sometimes. I'll have to play with this more though and see how to wick it properly.

9. Nikosan

Nikosan Active Member

Awesome brother, I threw on dual coil 22 guage 5 wrap 3mm and it was running at .18ohm. It's an awesome RDA, chucks vapor like no tomorrow. If you're concern about the coil sitting high, you just have to make sure the cotton is sitting at the bottom of the well so it'll soak other than that you shouldn't have a problem. If you find making coil is hard, maybe you should consider a coil jig like kuro or revolver coil jig (just a suggestion)

10. David in Bangkok

Oh that is with the coil jig haha. I make it with the coil jig and installation on this was a breeze, but I have really only built on the Veritas and this one has a different set-up although it is an easier set up than the Veritas.

I am thinking about trying a dual-coil build, but I'm not very good at building even with the jig, and I heard the coils have to be made pretty accurately for it to work well, I might have to stick with my single coils lol.

11. Nikosan

Nikosan Active Member

hm...not exactly. Play around with it, you just have to make sure the coil fire up evenly. Usually that's just tweaking the screws and the coil to make sure they're tight. With the plum veil you don't want to line up the positive next to the negative, you want to skip a hole on the positive so your coil line up evently. so let's say hole 1,2,3, and 4. 1 and 4 are negative. You want to insert one coil in hole 1 and 3 and the other side in 2 and 4 (i dunno if that make sense). Good luck man, i haven't vape single coil except in kayfun so i can't say if there is a huge difference beside cloud productions.

12. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

as with anything, it just takes a bit of practice. making a dual coil is simply recreating the same coil twice. that is 90% of the game. then follow Nikosan's tip above
    from there its just a bit of pinching to make sure they glow from the inside out like normal. Enjoy :vaping:

13. David in Bangkok

First of all @Rick O-Shea did a really good job with sanding it, if I didn't know it was an issue I would have never known because this one is perfect, really good sanding job obviously.

With the airflow wide open, the single coil may not be enough; however, unscrew the top (closing the airflow) and it performs very close to the way my Veritas performs. They're not made the same, but as far as the airflow and flavor I'm getting, they are very close.

I like this atomizer a lot, and I definitely can see myself using it plenty.
    I think if I had to pick a favorite from these 2 it would be hard, but it seems as if the Plume Veil would help people sub-ohming and using dual-coils as it has a ton of airflow with it wide open, maybe even more than the Veritas. But for standard single coil, which I usually use, they're more equal. The one thing I really like about the Veritas is the leak-proof design. It's not huge, but since I don't always put my RDA down standing up correctly, I think the Plume might leak a tad more than the Veritas.

Thanks again for this, it's a real quality RDA!

Scratchy and Rick O-Shea like this.