1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Golden Virginia in stock at my 7/11

Discussion in 'The Thailand Quit Smoking Discussion' started by Banjo, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Banjo

Banjo Thread Starter Member

I can't believe it. My local 7/11 - spitting distance from my front door - has Golden Virginia in stock. Before i had to make the weekly pilgrimage to Foodland in Patpong. In desperate times i had to go up to Khao San Road, and now here it is on my bloody doorstep. Bastards!

I wouldn't mind so much if i was enjoying vaping more, but i now find myself with loads of duff clearos (and little desire to replace them), a single Storm dripper that has me wheezing like a 3 pack a day Marlboro Red man, and 20 bottles of expensive juices that i don't really like.

What wouldn't i give for a roll up tonight?

Looking on the bright side, my Fasttech order is on its way. The slow boat from China must be halfway up the Yangtse by now. I have the tools, and the know how, to rebuild the coils on my clapped out clearos. It's a shame i threw most of them in the bin weeks ago. And i have the much loved - and utterly revolting - Hawk Sauce in my dripper.

I think i need to go to bed. It's either that or 7/11.

2. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're going to have to swing by here again...

3. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

If you want to offload some juice you don't like...Something could take my fancy in the 12 or 18mg range.

I had a similar rough spot when I first tried vaping all due to crappy clearo's and faulty mods. Better now that I have some relaiable gear plus lots of backup if something goes tits up.

Yep Hawk Sauce is a strange one. I have a new bottle that I have tried but its not really grabbed me. I'll get back to it but it may go for sale.

4. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

When i first started vaping i need to smoke as well. at first the vaping was just when it wasnt a smokable situation (on a plane and such) but i slowly cut back on analog and started vaping more and more. within two months i was only smoking a cig or two when drinking and then i finally just put an end to it all together. the taste and smell of tobacco is horrible to me right now and i cant see myself going back. i am almost to the point where if i couldnt vape (or no longer wanted to) i would just quit all together.

my advise is to make a more natural transition to vaping. if you really want to smoke, add a few into the rotation. your taste buds and habits will change over time and a few months from now you most likely will not have any more tobacco cravings. i find that a better alternative then wishing for cigs the rest of your life. just my two cents....

5. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

Make a golden Virginia roll up and to justify it, add a bit of weed, then you might not feel so guilty ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. tonto

tonto New Member

Just to add my 2 cents: make sure you are getting enough nicotine from the juice. I went through a bit of a crisis a few months ago because I tried to go too low on the nic level. I upped it and felt satisfied with the nic rush/throat hit from tobacco flavoured juices.
    If you can stand menthol, you can make any juice you don't like bearable by adding some Mt Baker Extreme Ice or Halo Sub Zero ( both of which may be too extreme alone). I wasn't a menthol smoker, for decades anyway, but don't mind the vaping taste.
    Transition to vaping is "one day at a time" stuff but keeping up the nic level helps, in my experience, even with juices not especially tasty

7. Banjo

Banjo Thread Starter Member

Well they say the darkest hour is before the new day, and guess what? My Fasttech order came just now, so a new vaping chapter begins.
    Thanks all, and yes Ryan, i will take you up on that soon as i'll probably need a bit of help with the new toys.