1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Going to 6

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by byoung, Dec 12, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

Within 30 days of vaping I quickly transitioned from 18mg nic to 12. Now, over 5 months into vaping I am transitioning again to 6. I find it interesting how the body changes in both taste and tolerance. Not to mention throat hit went out the window within 30 days, something I could not have imagined when I first started...even though I was told it probably would.

I do plan to keep some 12mg in stock for those times I am out and about and just need a quick nic fix. But for 99.99 percent of the time that strength is no longer required. :vaping:

oil likes this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I haven't really been consistent with nic levels at all since I started vaping. 16, 10, 6, 3, 9...

Sticking with 12 for the time being...

3. byoung
    Cloud_9

Not that I am like everyone else, but at 115 days I would have said the same thing. :)

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Started at 18, soon went to 12 then not long after 6..
    Been on 6 for around a year and half maybe now,,
    Tried zero nic but did nothing for me...so happy at 6...

PattsVaper and byoung like this.
  5. byoung
    Cloud_9

I'm thinking that after a year into it I'll take a stab at kicking the nic. By then, all the analog triggers should be a thing of the past, so MAYBE????

6. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

I started at 24 mg years ago but the devices weren't very efficient, even so I still managed to get down to 18 mg for a long time but these days I am at 12mg because the devices are just so damn efficient.

7. kurt
    Blah

kurt Well-Known Member

These are great stories guys... My brother smokes black and milds which I have read are around 100mg per stick (they are not intended to be inhauled) and super bad for him so I have him on about 16mg and he has been puffing away like crazy.... hopefully I can get him converted permanently.

Kurt

8. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of Black and Milds so I just looked em up....and most of the smoking aficionado sites say they are 100-200 mg per smoke. Damn!

9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I statted at 10mg, then quite quickly down to 6mg. I am now at 3mg and I have a pending order for 0mg.

The fact that we can drop the nic level is for me another proof that vaping helps quitting, especially because it is a personal choice, not a money driven or stock availability driven choice. 12 or 3mg juices cost the same.

Sent from the future

10. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Im still at 12 and thats OK for me.

11. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Don't rush to drop the nic level, otherwise you might feel the need to smoke as you won't get your nicotine needs fullfill.

You'll see, it will happen naturally. One week you find that ADV a bit too harsh and that will be the sign you should lower the nic.

Also, dripping kinda force you to lower the nic level.

Sent from the future

PattsVaper, byoung and Rowdy like this.
  12. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

Thanks Tibo.

13. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I've been at 6 for some months now. No longer really have a nic addiction at this point. Really happy about that! It's more the action and the taste of good juices. I could probably go down to 3 or 0 and may start ordering 3 in future to try. Helps that I do a lot of dripping so not as many nic overdose events using 3

Oh and I know I no longer have much of a nic addiction because I can go many hours now and not feel the craving. When I smoked I would crave after some hours of not having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tibo likes this.
  14. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

for me its the other way around, i was a 1-2 month non smoker having a hard time to keep away from it when i started vaping
    so after 1-2 months without nicotine i naturally didnt want to go back to nicotine and then started with ZERO nic level, for me the vapor amount and the taste is big part of the game since i was a pipe smoker earlier on already.

Most of the time i do 0mg but sometimes its impossible to get some juices in 0mg so i ordered them in 6mg, they are vapable but i have to admit they are not my all day whatever, i dont like the throat hit on them, I tried 12 mg once but thats the overkill for me, not doable at all.

So i started the other way around, but i have the impression that taste is far better without nic. so i sort believe that sooner or later most vapors should be able to vape 0mg cause it gives the most taste.

Even thou i was a heavy smoker for 30+ years, i enjoy vaping the most when writing here on the forum or when i got visitors or naturally when i am bit under stress. But for me, i need the inhaling the taste, the nicotine really dont give me a kick

15. byoung
    Cloud_9

I agree with you 100 percent. Your body will let you know when its time to reduce the nic level. Its a wonderful thing!