1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Gearbest bailing on Thailand?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by zougou, Aug 20, 2017.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

My order of "plastic tubes" arrived safely.

Konvict, judas, jpr and 1 other person like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, @jpr, joke or not, I wouldn't order anything vape-related off of eBay...too many crooks & scam artists on there. YMMV :)

Konvict and jpr like this.
  3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

And that's just the buyers.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. farangmick
    Worried

I so agree. A few months ago, I bought an ultrasonic cleaner. It worked for nearly 90 seconds. I opened a ticket and they asked for a video. I had serious matters to deal with back in England, so I didn't bother. Problems sorted, I replied that I had been a long time replying, and for $40, just forget it. Now another message saying they really want to help. So I'll send a video showing that it doesn't work, and plug in something else to show that the socket is live. So that they can tell me it's out of the warranty period, sorry.

Konvict, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Rick O-Shea

Tbh, I think if you opened a ticket within the warranty period you'll be OK. But, maybe not :)

Konvict likes this.
  6. farangmick
    Worried

I've lived in LoS now for quite a few years. Warranty cards go straight in the bin, not worth the hassle, unless it's a million baht truck. Ultrasonic cleaner/fridge/rice cooker breaks, I try to stay calm and say mai bpen rai, or sh*t happens.

jpr, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Oh, I though you bought it from GB. If you bought it here then yeah, bin it.

Konvict likes this.
  8. farangmick
    Worried

I did buy from GB. I didn't make my point very well, which is that for low value items, it's a lot of hassle. I will follow it through though to see what happens. It would have been different had it been GB's fault, e.g. arrived damaged owing to poor packaging.
    The only other time I've dealt with Chinese customer services was a couple of years ago. All the nuts, bolts and spacers were missing from a stand to store atties, mods and juice. They asked for a photograph! I sent a picture of an empty table, pointing out that it was difficult to photograph items I hadn't received. I did get the parts though.

9. zougou

zougou Thread Starter Well-Known Member

After returning to business for Thailand, Gearbest once again won't ship vape goods here. Seems to change every week.

jpr likes this.
  10. Rick O-Shea

I have shipping options. Make sure 'HK' warehouse is not selected. Of course it's possible they won't ship certain items.

jpr, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

It's difficult for us too (headache)
    it look to be like that since about 2 years, but not only GB, FT too, and other for sure.
    sometime they can ship or not, sometime the shipping price is expensive or not,
    it's now even difficult for batteries 18650 with the new shipping regulations: GB do FT don't?
    (it will change not next week next month maybe)

Sue likes this.
  12. CumulusMaxim

CumulusMaxim Member

3fvape don't fail me now!

13. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

couldn't find any 11.11 Specials from @GearBest this year, did i miss something (like they completly stopped delivering to TH) ?

14. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I merged the threads because it is about the same topic.

oil and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Slavun7
    Breezy

Slavun7 Vape for 3 years. Never smoked. Collected 6 sets.

Hello vapers!
    Some time ago I asked about ordering vaping stuff from Gearbest and other websites and many people said that there were no clear info, but many of them already ordered some stuff and were waiting for shipping from abroad.
    So can someone share his latest experience of ordering vaping stuff from shops located not in Thailand
    Thanks!