1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

FT banning e-cig shipments to Thailand?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by asiaexpat, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Thought that too.. but it was probably the giant bag of cotton that threw them off and caused them to rip it open .

2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Ive had kanthal...JUST Kanthal in the package...seized in the past as a restricted item. It will depend entirely on whether it is inspected and the individual interpretation of the official of the laws. Once the decision has been made good luck trying to change it. BUT if they don't inspect it then you will of course be golden. lol

This was some time ago now, I should add, and the seizures have increased since then dramatically.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. winwin

winwin Birder on the run

For Kanthal, I don't really know if it is pure for ecig use. I ordered ss316L which is quite normal for many electronic devices. Anyway, I wish myself good luck:cheers2:

4. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Kanthal is generic heating wire, not just for coils. Pretty sure I was unlucky. As I say it depends on if it gets checked at all and then on the individual official. Losing just wire is, I think, pretty unusual.

And of course good luck.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

FT is still reluctant to refund me the money for the two snatched packaged ... they told me i had to wait another 4 weeks ... and i wait 8 weeks already

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Oh boo hoo!

What a liberty, making you wait 12 weeks before refunding you for something that is entirely your fault!

7. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

If our wonderful customs department took it I can't see how that is FT's fault or their problem. I would not be asking them for a refund. It was not their fault.

8. DIY Flavorz

DIY Flavorz Active Member

i used to buy Uwell Crown Coils from fastech.com but now the only shipping option they offer is via Emirates post and this is expensive and concerns me. Can anyone recommend another retailer where I can purchase Uwell Crown Coils at a similar price ($8.99) EXCEPT for focalecig?

9. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Seen them on ali express for $9.70 here Uwell Crown SUS316 Stainless Steel Heating Wire Replacement Coil for Crown Tank with 0.25/0.5/0.15ohm 4pcs/lot-in Atomizer Cores from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

apart from that gearbest have authentics (not sure about aliexpress) for $15 here Original Uwell Ni200 TC 0.15ohm Core-14.80 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

As far as I know there's a global shopping holiday or something on the 11th in China and I'd imagine that will cause a huge delay in shipping so get your orders in asap.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I also can understand FT after all the Thai control (confiscation) .
    they don't send acu long ago, they don't send e cig equipment one month ago,
    Concerning my orders they stay correct and fair.
    I'm a bit sad cause they got cheap and wonderful clones and good products ( just have to make the good choice).
    My last orders were on ebay and sometime you don't know exactly what you buy.

11. VapeApe

VapeApe Member

Just made a order with FT. Shipping was not free, cost me about 10$ for shipping.
    Check it , there is now one shipping option for Thailand

Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  12. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

@VapeApe :
    Thank you a lot for this good information.

13. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Vaping gear sent Emirates Post. The postal charge is a percentage of the order value. Given that FT are generally very cheap, with items hard to find elsewhere, it may be a good deal. NB, usual risks apply.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. zougou

zougou Well-Known Member

I wonder why Emirates Post would be more likely to clear customs, and if FT refunds for items that don't make it?

Wait, I see a camel walking down my soi--must be my FT order.

15. DIY Flavorz

DIY Flavorz Active Member

I ordered a TFV4 and pack of replacement coils from gearbest with Registered Post NL as decided to sell my Uwell crown. If it gets seized ill update.

jpr likes this.