1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Forum section for sales not in link with vaping?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Axel, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Axel

Axel Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hello,

This thread mainly addressed to Moderators, but maybe other members may add their own opinion...

I am wondering if it would be possible to add a section in the forum for selling stuff not in link with the vape? Personally, I am not in contact with any other farang community in Thailand and sometimes, there is some stuff which may be interesting to get when you are farang, whereas it is not for Thai people. Moreover, there is the language barrier to put any object for sale in Thailand!

For example, I have full frame Nikon camera and lenses for sale, but they are sleeping in my bedroom for months cause I have nowhere to show... Also, when you are the buyer and looking for second hand items, it is quite difficult to buy in Thailand cause you never know the real story of the items for sale...

The sale section for vaping stuff seems to work quite well, the reason why I though about this possibility to extend to other items...

Of course, it just proposal, if not possible or convenient, just forget it!

Cheers,
    Axel

judas, Emmess, Talen and 1 other person like this.
  2. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

not a mod, but a different section would not attract a lot people to check it out, would be better to sell within the vape section, just mark it properly,

sure thing only if the mods are fine with it

3. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Think we are an English language based Vaping community in Thailand rather than a farang community. No offense Axel but there are some English language based web sites in TH for this purpose as well.

4. Axel

No desire to offend in my wording for sure, just took a shortcut as farang is quite faster to write than English based Vaping community
    Sure, probably many other English based web sites are available for this purpose, I don't know if they allow so smooth exchanges as well, but it was only proposal and if not felt appropriate, just forget

5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Axel, have you consider the FB group DSBKK-Gadgets Geeks ? Have a look, good place to advertise your camera :)

Ridwan Hartono and Axel like this.
  6. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

I agree with Axel and there is a huge reason why...even though I don't really know you guys I do trust you and I absolutely cannot say the same for any other Thailand forum....I think this is a good idea, especially since one prominent member was just recently looking to sell a car :wink:

judas and Mack like this.
  7. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Thought about this a little
    Not sure openly on the site i'd be up for it, but I would have no problems having it in our Members Only section on this site if that would work for everyone...
    What do you guys think of that?

Neilly, Dieter., judas and 3 others like this.
  8. Axel

In members only is better for sure! That is the initial reason for this question: I believe we would have safer deals between members.
    Also, I have already sent my ad in the FB group adviced by Tibo, but creating this forum section would allow a kind of "primer info" for the members, before extending the ad to other places.

sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Neilly and Tibo like this.
  9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I think that is a really good idea. I have no problems with it. I can in a way really understand Axel, here we can trust each other, so we might feel more safe here.

10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Agree for the Members Section. I might have couple of things I wanna get rid of as well.

skeeters likes this.
  11. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

As @Talen mentioned it's the trust factor which exists within our relatively small community which would make me much more likely to commit to a purchase.