1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

First impressions of the Heatvape Invader Mini 50W

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by Dieter., May 13, 2015.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Yep, I do exactly the same...great minds... ;)

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Yhanks for this review. I am sctually in the market for a mod that can take a beating and this sounds perfect. I was looking at going back to a mech to stop the risk of damaging the internals of a regulated mod.

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

Thank you for the linink to the review video from Pbusardo. It was interesting for me finally to see a review of a mod I already have and have been testing some time by now. I have some commentaries. The funny part for me started, when he showed, how difficult it is to put the bbattery cap back after changing the battery. I have no issues whatsoever the threading is just fine and it is one of the easiest change of batteries of any of my mods. Even the e-Vic supreme can be more difficult. So how he managed to get it so much wrong, I can't understand.

Yes the right detection of a ni200 coil and going into temp control mode can be a pain, if the dripper or tank in question is half full or less, I used my Taifun GT II for testing and if the liquid level in the tank was at the same hight as the wick or lower, the detection often failed after coming out of sleepmode, as i called it, but filling the tank up helped everytime.

My Invader Mini, remembers my settings when coming out of sleep mode and also after a battery change, even it is one from the "wrong" package.

I also expirienced that the top cap can be hard to remove from the atomizer if you srew the atomizer directly on the top cap and then screw the top cap onto the mod. If there is just a minimal gap, it is easier to remove the atomizer later.

I am still very happy for this mod, I think it gives a good value for the money, and it's a strong mod that feels terrific in the hand, so yes I would recommend it.

-V- and judas like this.
  4. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Which boxed version do you have Dieter? He made it sound like the box with the black wrap section was a better model than the all white box version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

He has the the one without the black wrap section, but Dieter said in his post above yours he doesn't have any problems with it

Dieter. likes this.
  6. Dieter.
    Fine

I have the white box, you can see it if you go back to my first post on this thread, there is a picture of the box as well, ans as -V- stated, I have no problem with mine. I do'nt understand Pbusardo's video unless he had a pre-version for reviewers and what I have is the sales version, because I could not recognise the problems he had with his on the one I have.

7. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Yes, I caught that he had no problems with it...well, except some oddness with temp mode when wick is not saturated or something like that. I should have looked to see if the pic of the box was in this thread first. sorry about that.

Also, Phil mentioned he didn't have as much problems threading the battery end-cap with the older white box version (same as Dieter).

I think Phil has the latest shipping version with the newer boxing (black wrapping). He also had an earlier version same as you Dieter. His review was based on the latest shipping model but he did make some references to the older white box version he had tried out before.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  8. Dieter.
    Fine

Yes if the wick in temperature mode is not saturated enough, the mod goes into normal kanthal mode, and it can be a pain, to get it to go back to temp mode, except you make sure the tank or dripper is filled up, then there is no problem.