1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

F. with those "still blowing smoke" A.holes

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Darth Vaper, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Did you know it is against forum rules to substitute characters for letters as a way to more politely curse on this forum? Just re-read the rules... had no idea!

Anyways, some of you may have noticed that more often lately you find anti-vaping dingbats "Still blowing smoke" as the first result in your searches (due to preferred - aka - paid placement)

If you do see this, please keep in mind next time they get charged money every time a sponsored link is clicked... so if everyone were to just hold down the CTRL key and go to town on their links for a minute every time they saw them come up first in a search result... they could be potentially dinged for a whole lot of their ad budget. And all spent on precisely not spreading their fricken backwards do gooder message to boot.

FtheFingFers.jpg

Each tab behind the first is a virtual flipping of the proverbial bird in their general direction. Give it a whirl! It's fun.

2. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

Let's bankrupt the anti-vaping propaganda'ists, but clicking on their "adwords" links ... is what I understood ? and obviously don't buy any of the products on the sales page that pops up ...

BTW I think Google and the other ad agencies only charge one click per IP address (or a more clever solution than that), to stop "click spam", so we'd need collusion from others to make this work ... moreover, an individual repeatedly clicking I don't think amounts in a higher spend for the advertiser ...

The downside on clicking on a link is that they may appear to be more popular than they actually are, so there's a risk on clicking on links, that we might actually be helping them ... even if that doesn't affect their organic search results, it may result in cheaper "legitimate" clicks, which if they have a large budget, might suit them.

And, I'm sure that most don't care, but presumably Google et al, hate "click spam" as it means their advertisers are essentially getting "ripped off". As to whether they have any power to prevent it, well, I'd say they've thought about it, and probably as already mentioned have AI systems running that are looking out for it and preventing it where it's detected. As we're getting more and more 1984 on the internet, anything that could piss off a large organisation like Google, should be done with caution. Not that I reckon the feds will break down our doors, but just be careful out there, is all.

So, the other suggested (preferred by some) technique is ignoring them. And, another strategy (what I've seen here) is to cite them, then curse them on our home territory.

Still, I like the notion, which is coming from a good place, just thought I'd fill in the possible "risks".

I didn't know forum rules about disguising cursing, never read 'em, interesting to note though ...

3. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

@Scuba Vaper : you had to go and suck the fun right outta that one, yeah?

Of course you cant blow the ad budget by clicking a million times! Otherwise, google would be broke real fast. I doubt clicking their r-tarded (*** what the truck with this auto correct all of a sudden?!! RRR tard not are tard, dammit. It even says it right in the edit window then changes after posting... Click edit, it is the way it was typed... Fricken annoying that there is no option to override... Mods? Anyone? This is worse than the a.holes tellin other people how to live!***) links lends them any legitimacy either....

But do you really get any satisfaction out of just ignoring them? Saying "eff yoo" with every mouse click just has more 'oomph' to it!

4. Scuba Vaper

LOL, sorry dude, I'm such a party pooper ! I liked your posts, does that make up for it ?

One of my jobs of yore was SEO, and there's little that's fun or interesting about it, it's a fame and money game invented mostly by Google, designed to make them rich and you poor.

I hear your frustrations with people bending and spinning the truth. But that's life my friend, it's been going on like forever, and is only set to heat up in vaping arena the more big pharma, big tabacco and governments lose out of the nicotine addiction pie, and more Vapers coming on board daily. They'll spin it like they're doing it for health and safety, when the real motive is greed. But you know this already.

As for the option to not to speak and not to take the obvious course of action, these days I'm finding it more effective and less frustrating, than in the past.

Should also mention that - I didn't read what the anti-Vapers were selling, could be, as impossible as it might seem, that they have a point, so worth considering both sides of the argument, even if one still disagrees in the end.

Even stupid or greedy people have a right to speak their minds, and conduct their business, freedom of speech and freedom of markets. However, not sure there's an obligation to help them in their seeing their own delusions, it's perhaps better for them to learn for themselves, plus, personally I often have better things to do with my time. So hence ignoring costs one virtually zero time or effort, and we still know we're right, without continually reassessing or reaffirming it.

I'm pro-vaping and pro-Darth Vaper, so my expressing thoughts here in order to be of benefit, to add to and share my own experiences.

In summary - whilst I'm anti-anti-vaping, beyond the small amount of personal pleasure derived from doing click spam on anti-vaping websites, I don't think any mountains will be moved by doing it. Personally, when I get time, I intend to blog about my own experiences, which have been 99.9% positive with all things vaping. I hope this will contribute to the pro-vaping community's cause.

And yeah, 'uck it, complaining about stupid people never hurt, so I'm sure I'll continue to join in on threads about the daily mirror's excuse for news that people keep on citing on this forum.

Whoops sorry, didn't exactly answer your question - satisfaction can be derived from just watching stupid people doing stupid things, just have to sit back and laugh at them ... Seen plenty of US, UK and Aussie TV shows which have clips of the dumb being dumb ...

As for autocorrect, grr, my iPad does it all the time ... Just occasionally it gets it right !

5. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

had some asshole in a bar other night puffing away on a cancer stick trying to tell me my vape pipe would cause cancer before his cig would. Just laughed in the dumbasses face.

6. Scuba Vaper

Good for you, nicely done :)

7. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Where is Anonymous when you need them? I'm sure they could create a little havoc for our friends.
    **Updated**
    I just made a quick visit to website. I have never been before and found something hilarious in the first 30 seconds.

0.4 Infection
    Antibiotic-resistant MRSA bacteria are harder to kill after being exposed to the particles in e-cig vapor. And another study found that e-cig aerosol decreases immune system response, and increases susceptibility of flu and pneumonia in mice.

I just want to see the mod and atty the mice were using. What do you think their favorite flavor is? I bet it's cheese.

v 4 vendetta, Scuba Vaper and Donkey like this.
  8. Scuba Vaper

v 4 vendetta likes this.
  9. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Well-Known Member

The exchange of words on this thread has been a delight to read I am still giggling as I type this 55555

Scuba Vaper likes this.
  10. Scuba Vaper

gotta laugh, or else we'd probably cry ...

v 4 vendetta likes this.