1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Evic VTC Mini Version 3.0 Update with TCR and Specific SS316

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by The Rev, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I usually just listen to him. ;)

Konvict likes this.
  2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Now, now, Todd's an institution-- Ay'll nay hair a baad wurd agin'im.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Loki, farangmick, Siam Diesel and 2 others like this.
  3. Taengmo
    Twisted

Taengmo Well-Known Member

Methinks it would be even more difficult to just listen to it :-O

farangmick, Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.
  4. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Can't follow, don't understand what's the problem setting a number.

5. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Chris, Indoorsmokers, and Twisted 420, I watch largely for entertainment. Todd is the bloke I would like to have a pint with in the pub.
    I'll try TC of course, and rebuilding, just to compare. But the only vapemail I'm really anticipating at present is the Target tank, because of the ecstatic reviews of the flavour from the ceramic coils.
    Seen a bit of argument lately that equates "my way" with "the best way". To me, the best way is whatever way gets you off stinkies. Vaping as a hobby is a bonus.
    It was a brave video. Even now, admitting to suffering, or having suffered from depression carries a stigma. Always liked Todd's reviews, but he's now gone way up in my estimation.

Loki, haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I'm in complete agreement...very happy to have something besides a stinkie to puff on when I'm out for a beer. :)

Konvict and farangmick like this.
  7. peter-k
    Fine

The complextity these devices have gotten, yes, I as well tought in the same lines as Todd.

On the eVic Mini there is Power Mode, Bypass mode, TC Ni, TC Ti, Tc SS316, and TCR mode with 3 memory locations, makes for 8 modes in total. I find it still managable but may be it is overwhelming for beginners, in particular in view of the lack of descriptions for the different modes from Joyetech side.

TCR by itelf is not complex or hard to understand, at least for me. For others, those who enjoy vaping in even more simple power mode and do not like temperature control at all, yep, why should they bother with TCR?

But should you like TC then you should give it a try. It is easy as storing the TCR number in M 1 , 2 or 3 for the 3 favourite coil materials, which then from my experience work better than the preset general kind of TC modes. Choosing M1 - M3 when I change my tank is as easy as changing wattage or other values.
    **Updated**
    PS
    I am at the moment sitting here typing, and comparing the (with the device included) simple eGo Mega tank and a self made Ti 28 ga 0.54 ohm coil, and the Subtank Mini RBA deck with a Ti 28 ga 0.79 ohm coil, both filled with Halo Tribeca. This is a very strong flavour, mostly tobacco with a dominant butterscotch toffee and vanilla hint. They both taste delicious to me, very delicious. By the way I tried several coil materials, gauges and ohm coils.

Make a guess which I like better? For me the richer flavour comes out from the simplicistic little Joyectech tanky that has such a low reputation, it wins against the famous Kanger with it's solid reputation for good a flavour production. The Joyetech combo eVic Mini, CLS coilhead, Ti coils and TCR is really really good for me. That's what counts. I have only experience since last September but I can't imagine any better.

8. El Sid

El Sid Member

I thought I'm technically a brainy but have my challenges with the TC mode. Some advice would be great though I read quite a view hows...

received my SS316L wire today and build a single coil on an origen rda. Approx. 0.57 ohm, 25watt when I go to preset the ohm would go up to 0.68 (so I'm convinced I have locked it) and power wouldn't exceed 10 watt and display shows straight away temp control blahblah
    Then I set M1 to 95 and try with that setting and I could barely get any vape. Power mode with 0.5x ohm and 23 watt is way warmer and a lot vape (was testing streek from Lost Fog edition)

ps: firmware 3.0

9. peter-k
    Fine

Try TCR 92, 235 Celsius, and wattage below 20 W.

The eVic Mini has a feature called dynamic ohm. It allows viewing the momentary real ohm value. The resistance that you locked is actually still used.

10. El Sid

El Sid Member

cool, going straight to test - muchos gracias

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

You guys ought to meet up...same country (flag) & all. ;)

Impromptu vape meet in Neva Neva Land.
    :grin:

Konvict and farangmick like this.
  12. El Sid

El Sid Member

hmm...do you get a warm vape ? I do get vape but it's very cool and I can barely taste the juice.
    **Updated**
    lol haven't noticed- true hehe

13. peter-k
    Fine

Warm in TCR, cool in TC with 316L.
    Try cranking the temp up.

14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I feel you can blame Joyetech/Wismec most for the recent explosion in discussion of setting TCR and the different settings for various wire types. If their mods worked as they should straight away in TC mode, like most other TC mods, you wouldn't have as many people dickin around with TCR settings. OK it's not just that but also because of their popularity and the ability to do these things. People are going to experiment and try and if more wire types are supported well then there are lots of people that are going to try them.

It's not rocket science and with most TC mods, you choose among 1, 2 or 3 supported wire types, set your temp and vape away...albeit with maybe some minor adjustments of the temp itself according to juice or what have you. People had the capability to figure out wire gauges, voltages and wattages, learning a couple other things that make a vape enjoyable shouldn't be a chore. Can definitely see though where trying to research TCR, memory presets and advanced menu settings with some of these TC mods can be a real turn-off. Usually it's not really needed to be learned to get a good vape. With those particular mods, if you want to get nuts and stress about the settings you can but at the same time you can usually avoid them.

Bottom line for me is that I want a consistent vape and temp end to end until my batteries need to be swapped out and then with the new set of batteries installed. I want to dial in a temp that brings out the best from the juices too. TC gives me that. Mech mods cannot and neither can straight regulated mods though they're sort of half-capable. Best way for me and not saying it should be the best way for anyone. There is no "best vaper". :)

Don't like the fact that I have had to spend extra time with the VTC Mini and RX200's TCR settings to get a proper temp display vs actual. If they didn't allow it to be adjusted both of them would be sold off at this point.

etlava, Siam Diesel, haybilly and 2 others like this.
  15. Loki
    No Mood

Loki Trickster. Vaper. Bringer of Ragnarök

:rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

Siam Diesel and haybilly like this.