1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

evic-VT vs Subox vs Invader Mini

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by shoo-D, Jun 14, 2015.

1. shoo-D
    No Mood

shoo-D Thread Starter Well-Known Member

which of the three TC devices / kits mentioned above do you would be the best choice to try out TC?
    i am really tempted to test the temp mods and so far the devices are either really expensive (like genuine evolv mods or the sx mini) or they are too cheap to be true and promise more than one would believe.

so far, the evic-VT or subox kit or the heatvape invader mini, are those TC devices that would be within my price range.

do some of you already have experiences with these three?

watched some reviews from different vapechannelers but still dont have a tendency to any of them.

would you recommend them as a start into TC?

2. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I have to disapoint you just a little bit. The Kanger subox kit, has no temperature control, so that leave you with either the invader mini, wich I have, and I can only say that the temp control on that one with ni200 wire works fine. I have now used it for more than a month and I'm still happy for it. And the good thing for me it just use a 18650 battery, so easy to change the barrery.

E-Vic-VT is a different class, first it has a build in battery, for those that like that and secondly there are settings for both nickel wire and titanium wire. But it is so new on the marked, that I'm not sure that some of our members already have tried it out. But who knows ?

Siam Diesel, Rick O-Shea and judas like this.
  3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Subox doesn't have TC does it?

So that would leave the heatvape and evic. I believe the heatvape uses a kangxin chip which by all accounts is very good.
    I haven't seen too much of the eVic but if the choice was mine I would lean towards the eVic if it holds up in reviews but mainly due to form factor preferences.

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Subtank no temp mode, no adjustable 510, have no interest in Kanger as a company with the way they do things....
    Between the other 2 I would do for the eVic myself....

5. shoo-D
    No Mood

shoo-D Thread Starter Well-Known Member

:completely forgotten: subox has no tc, of course, sorry for bringing it up. i guess i watched so many reviews and read so many product descriptions i confused some of them.
    a friend of mine just got the the evic vt and a kangxin mini flask (the one with the nipple led :) )
    he recommends both of them in terms of temp control but was also only starting with tc, so...
    many thanks for the advice guys. cheers

6. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Yes why not. The Heatvape invader is already on the marked, and it's affordable. My own experience is that it works. It's a strong device build for people in construction and other areas where you need a mod that is build stronger than normal. Only irritating moment i have with it is, that i often have to click more than the normal 5 times to get it started. Seems that i have a little difficulty given the right pressure on the button 5 times in the time limit, to get it started, I guess the rubber coding does it, I don't have the same problem on other mods, but as i said a strong mod. I have the e-vic supreme and are very happy for it, it has lots of features and a massive menu, so at least they have some experience in that field, so I would trust them also with the e-Vic-VT. And the screen is a lot better than of the Heatvape and you get the option to use Titanium for the coils together with ni200. If the price is right why not. Since the 2 devices are aimed at different groups of people, it' only yourself, who can decide which one is the right one for you

When you look at the subox and the 510 connection, you will see it is lying very deep, so lots of 3.party Tanks will not fit on it. More designed to fit only their own tank. And yes -V- I am also giving up on Kangertech, they don't have what i want today. I had enough disappointments from them already.
    **Updated**
    Oh yes. One member won it in a giveaway, and hopefully he will give a review in this forum, when he has tried it out. That is also an opportunity, even it has a build in flashlight :)

Tibo and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

i have them,
    1. subox is a big dissapointment i already sell to my friend, i only use it 1 day :computer_2:

2. invader mini i didnt like the rubber feeling in my hands especially when ur tank / rda leak, its a little bit annoying to clean juice on rubber. holding a rubber material in ur hands feel like u holding sex toys and it didnt feel right :completely forgotten:

3. E-Vic-VT still waitting maybe this week arrive. :chinrub:

Neilly, Tibo and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I don't know where this sexual fixations comes from in this group Hmmmm. I have a really good screwdriver I use for hard jobs and it's coated a little in the same way as the Invader mini. I just love that screwdriver, since i can get a really good grip , when using the screwdriver, it's not slippery in any way, just so right for my weakening hands. Some of my best handyman tools comes with nice rubber grips. So why not think in handycraft tools instead. And the same with the Invader mini, i have a good grip on it, really nice to hold, which I can't say of all the boxmods. Some can be a pain to hold...lol

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

@Dieter. yup, i dont tell that everybody not gonna love it, it is just my own opinion after use it. some ppl will love rta some ppl will love rda. each ppl have their own different taste.. but invader mini its not a bad mod, its a good mod. but maybe its not for me :peep:

10. monkey39
    Cheerful

monkey39 Well-Known Member

Heatvape Invader Mini.

I've never really indulged in sex toys, but somehow in my heart I just know that I'd enjoy holding one......don't judge me please!

Edit: in my head, the name now sounds like a sex toy for women with small vajayjays.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

:chinrub: and your not sure where the fixations come from. :rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

No Mack, maybe I need a handbook in English slang to figure that out, but I guess one time a dirty mind, always a dirty mind. :very sad::very sad::very sad:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

These threads always seem to head toward the gutter sooner or later...I just don't get it
    :wink: :pleasure:

14. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Sorry maybe just me lol. :peep:

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Maybe you've been in the engine room too long... ;)

skeeters and Dieter. like this.