1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool Erlkonigin - Change builds without draining tank

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by Rick O-Shea, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

I saw a review a while back, I'm buggered if I can find it now, and in the video the guy showed a way of removing the base without emptying the tank. As I wanted to try out a different build yesterday I thought I'd give it a try, and it worked almost flawlessly with very minor leakage (a few drops).

Now as I can't find the video I will describe it in steps.

1: First unscrew the drip tip a few turns (0.5mm).

2: Unscrew the top cap a few turns until it reaches the drip tip.

3: Make sure the drip tip is tight to the top cap (tighten the drip tip if necessary) and then unscrew the top cap again a turn, this should loosen the chimney.

4: What you want to do now is unscrew the drip tip again and also the top cap just enough so there is enough room for you to push the tank off the bottom o-ring.

5: Turn the tank upside down (there will be very little, if any leakage) and push the tank down from the lower o-ring until it snaps into place on the top caps o-ring.

6: Unscrew base

7: Install 'Whippersnapper Coil'.

8: Win.

When you screw the base back on and reverse everything you may get a tiny leakage from the AFC so tighten it and then when you've finished unscrew it and remove excess juice with a tissue or whatever.

Hope I explained this in an understandable fashion. I'm sure there is probably a video dedicated to this alone on YouTube.

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

26 minute mark

oil and Rick O-Shea like this.
  3. Rick O-Shea

That was it lol

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Took around 4 seconds of googling lol....

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  5. Rick O-Shea

Replace "I'm buggered if I can find it" with "I can't be bothered to look for it" :D

6. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

been using the elks and prinz etc more recently and though this post is dated and interest in these devices most likely has moved on, still am wondering one thing.

Anyone care to make a guess what one's odds are of having the tank / top assembly come to bits while attempting this and therefore pissing juice all over the place??

Experience has proven that these things are insecure and ready to burst apart at any moment until the last nut (the drip tip or adapter) is twisted firmly in place.

the amount of effort in carefully peeling this apart without creating a juice related disaster is much more than fetching a syringe plunking it through the top and sucking all the sweet goo from inside. Then you can fiddle with the thing as much as you want or need to with 0% chance of having the f word involuntarily expelled from yer mouth as you watch juice go from potentially vapable to down a drain wasted.

verdict = bad idea. There you have it. 2 more cents to those who did not ask for em. ~DV

7. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

My method is easier...kayfun 4

My Erl has been sitting neglected since I got the kayfun 4....this reminded me of it, so it looks like it's build day but I think I'll stick to starting with a fresh empty tank because I can just see me trying this method and having a lap full of juice.