1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Enough is definitely enough

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Longtail1, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

After rebuilding more than 10 times today alone I have decided to play with just one atty and vape in power mode the rest of the time. I haven't had a decent vape most of the daayt because of my confusion rregarding TC. I am beginning to think I am a TC Dullard.

Either way I will play just a little bit until I get this right and enjoy my vaping in other ways until then.

Thank you to everyone that has tried to help this brain dead idiot and I am still working through all your suggestions slowly.

Neilly, Yong, Konvict and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

TC is definitely different. I'm going through the adjustment as well. The good news is that once we get comfortable building with different wires for TC, the new Ceramic Coils will be in full swing and we will still be one step behind. That's my goal in life. Who want's to be in front anyway?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

What's the confusion? Not getting enough Vapor? Not warm enough?

I had success with doing temp control with ss 316L, 10 wraps 3mm compressed coil. Dry burn at low temp, wick and hit it around 480-520F. Cool with good Vapor production, give it a shot if u have the time

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

4. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

That must take a while for ramp-up. What's the wire strength? I had 3 mm with 8 wraps 24 ga. While the flavour was so good it was always hey wait a moment before anything came, and even after I let go from the fire button that thing still crackled for another 2 s.

I learned compressed is not good for TC ...?

5. Longtail1
    Amused

I'm trying to optimize the builds but the main problem is getting a consistant build. Yes it will vape great but behaves differently. I will have a build get to temp perfectly for 2 tanks and then after refill it won't make temp anymore. Literally last puff n one tank, refill and nect puff from same tank and it will NOT get to temp and vape the same. I Want to work it out. This is on 2 different DNA200's as well so at a bit of a loss. Going to go slow and stop frustrating myself.

Yong likes this.
  6. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Can you replicate this behaviour with another mod with another chipset?

7. Longtail1
    Amused

I have been playing already so have to let the atties cool. I'll let you know what happens on an RX200 later.

8. Longtail1
    Amused

Problem solved I believe. I decided to check just how hot the coil was getting so changed to screen to show the temp of the coil as it fired. The display only showed straight lines on a TC build, which I took to be the mod not recognising it as a TC coil. So aftger checking all my tanks with fresh coils on them and a few of my RDA's as well I have found something I didn't realise before. It is only a problem with my Bellus tanks, so I assume that means a connectivity issue with those tanks. Shame though. Bellus are one of my favourite tanks.
    **Updated**
    No it was only on the DNA200 mods.

Yong, Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.