1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Eleaf iStick Pico TC75w

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Rick O-Shea, Mar 20, 2016.

1. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I would try Rick's suggestion--it's saved an iStick of mine, in the past--no idea why, but it did help, the thing is still going now, a good 12-15 months later.
    I have a Pico, either already in, or on it's way to, UK--I've heard a lot of good things about them, let's hope this is just a temporary glitch, Neilly, and it comes back to life.

2. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

I just did...it hasn't made the slightest difference. With no atty attached it's showing 0.09ohm and will actually operate as if there in an atty attached i.e. when you press the fire button it reads the time the button is pressed for instead of showing the error 'No Atomizer Attached'.

Fingers crossed that new firmware (when available will fix this glitch) as I really like the Pico

3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Perhaps worth a try:

Does it allow you to soft power-off with 5 presses of fire button? If so, turn it off using that method, then press the fire button 20 times in fairly rapid succession to show the firmware version. The point with this is to do something different in trying to get it back to working normally. Try that or perhaps some of the other button combination functions. USB connect to PC without battery installed may be worth a try too. Also maybe rapidly pressing the up and down buttons individually and many times in effort in freeing something inside.

Anyway, just a few ideas.

haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree now with Scratchy, I should be a Politician.
    Don't forget, whatever it looks like, it's got a Chinese brain inside, you need to ' unconfuse' it.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Scratchy likes this.
  5. BigToot

BigToot Well-Known Member

There have been no firmware upgrades yet....still on version 1.00

Great device btw...love it to bits.

6. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Just tried all of your suggestions @Scratchy ...plus a few others I could think of...nah, not having it.

This is a pic of it connected to the comp with no battery or atty...funnily enough it will vape at that with a battery installed...just

20160518_172118.jpg

Scratchy likes this.
  7. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Thank ypu for the link @Siam Diesel , but I'm not too interested after I found the following quote from Heaven Gifts product description :"As an answer to the upcoming TPD regulations, this eleaf istick pico adopts a tank with 2ml e-liquid capacity." Since I like to show my solidarity with the vapers in Europe, I'm NOT going to buy a tank with only 2 ml. capacity. If I want something with a 2 ml capacity I think a dripper with a deep well will do the trick.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

@Dieter. - don't blame you a bit. I won't buy anything that's TPD compliant or complies in any way with the BS being promulgated by the (totally corrupt) US FDA. It's time for more than a little civil disobedience IMO!

Sent from my P3 Ti...

9. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

2ml is a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

I used to enjoy my two Nautilus minis (2ml capacity) and I still like my two KF3 mini clones…
    but that’s not keeping me off to by one or two "full size" Kayfun 5 clones – as soon as they get available locally!
    :rolling laugh:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

V1.01 is now available

iStick Pico - iSmoka/Eleaf electronic cigarette

Didn't fix my problem tho

12. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Mine was working fine until I connected to the laptop to do the update, now nothing and the display panel does not even light up. Are they sponsored by Microsoft?

Now working again after I tried holding the + and - buttons simultaneously but I will leave the update out of fear that it could do more damage than good.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  13. Caribou

Caribou Well-Known Member

Is anybody using the Pico on TC mode with SS 316L?
    According to this video the SS mode is way too hot, and a custom TCR value of 79 must be used. It's my first time using temperature control, and with this TCR I must boost the temperature to 285°C to be able to vape something. Seems way to high when in fact the actual vape produced is similar to a kayfun at 15w one's.

14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

I use it with a Crius 0.24 / dual 24ga / 55w / 500f and a Bachelor Nano 0.37 / 24ga / 45w / 460f. Both set to a TCR of 92.

Caribou and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. BigToot

BigToot Well-Known Member

The 1.01 firmware adds a new screen readout for VW mode where you can only see ohms, watts and the battery icon.

Unimpressed since I like to see both V and W.

You can also add a logo of your choice…which I dint care about either.

Apparently it fixes the problem of the watts reading decreasing when you switch it on….

And if you were to switch back to 1.0 after doing the upgrade, then the watts problem stays fixed.

All in all, I see no reason to upgrade…doesn't bother me if my watt reading drops from 12 to 11.9…i just put it up again.