1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Ejuice Storage

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by djandyfrancis, Sep 11, 2015.

1. djandyfrancis

djandyfrancis Thread Starter Member

Hi guys was just wondering where is the best place to keep my juice. There is not one room in my house that has aircon on all the time. They say dark and cool. My bedroom has aircon during the night but not through the day. Is that a good place or should I keep in the fridge.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Cupboard, fridge, freezer depending on when you'll use them.

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I keep most of mine in a drawer in the closet of a room that rarely sees the A/C used. Never had any issues.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

4. djandyfrancis

Thx Rick

5. djandyfrancis

Ok thx Siam. So slight humidity through the day won't hurt them then. I've read that the fridge is a no no. That's where I have been storing them but now I'll store in the closet.

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Never heard that...what's the problem with it? I've got a couple of bottles in there, too.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

7. djandyfrancis

On the forums I've read they say that if opened theres a problem with oxidation and a break down of the composition. I'm no expert and although some forums said no problem the majority said the best place is a cool and dark place but not the fridge. Thats what got me thinking. I'm a little confused and don't want to spoil my juice

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

^^^ I only put unopened bottles in the fridge. Once I start using it, it goes into the cupboard.

Sent from my P3 Ti...

9. djandyfrancis

Best way I shall do the same

10. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Longer term keeping and before I get to using them, I keep in the fridge. For ones I have duplicates of in the fridge I keep in the freezer. I've never noticed any negative side-effects with these storage methods but guess there could be. If so, it must be minimal.

For liquids I use very regularly and will deplete in a matter of days or a couple weeks, on my desktop. For those I reach for occasionally I keep in a closed and insulated soft carry box

Siam Diesel, debatedude and The Rev like this.
  11. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Some of mine have been kept in a fridge, lowest veg drawer, for 2, 3 or in a few cases up to 4 years--I realise that some folks talk about condensation, but my take is that if they are unopened and not due to be used soon--this is the best place for long term--all the juices that I am using are in a box in the living room, so often with AC but not all the time.
    My Nic base is always in the fridge.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I keep juices in the freezer for long-term storage (a month or more). When I hit the half-way point on a bottle I am using, I pull a frozen juice out and put it in the refrigerator for a day. After that I allow the juice to steep for a bit. Seems to work for me.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

Haybilly, I have a hard time getting my 14ga. dispencing syringe to suck up the Nic base I've got in the fridge. Do you just forego the needle and use just the syringe? That seems to be the next logical step. It is VG base that I'm working with. Kind of wish I had grabbed PG but it's done for now.

14. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I usually give all the items, that have been in the fridge, a few hours at room temperature, and a good shaking, before use- I have several gauges of blunt needles, if after that I still have difficulty, then I do indeed where practical, remove the needle, it can be a little tricky with the VG,but we get there in the end. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Rev likes this.