1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Do you vape with Temp control?

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Jul 9, 2017.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Noticed not a lot going off in the section of the site..
    How many of you guys vape using the Temp control feature?

I tried, but never did get use to it so stuck with my 16 W on Kanthal....

Dieter., stormvapers and Nakhonsisean like this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I did for several months. SS - Bachelor Nano. After the insulator split I went back to drippers, without TC.

3. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Tried it a couple of times. Did not like it, always vape in v/w or v/v modes.

Siam Diesel and stormvapers like this.
  4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Never tried it and I guess I never will. I don't think I need it because I am very satisfied with an 11W vape.

Are there still box mods coming out without TC? I think it is actually a feature that less than 5% of the vapers use. But I might be wrong. I also don't see anybody talking about TC anymore on other forums.

5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I did it for a time, I was wishing to learn about it, because I feel ignorant about it, forumers write that they don't get dry hit, that the consummation of liquid slow down .........
    I like mech mod and single coil dripper at home.
    moving, I use often an already old istick 100 at low wattage, if not a mech, connected to the new generation of anti leak or nearly no leak RTA.
    In fact TC is not for me.

6. stormvapers
    Fine

stormvapers Well-Known Member

I just started TC.
    Actually it is a bit tricky to get it.
    But now I think I did.
    One of my juice was unvapable on Power mode (at any wattage, kept getting that spice taste it has).
    In TC it is awesome. 270deg Celsius and 80W ramp up.
    I can't explain it to myself.
    Will give a deeper try to this TC mode.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

What's that? :pleasure:

Nakhonsisean, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Never!

I think those who use it have given up trying to convert the rest of us...tried the VS TC coils for the Nauti...but they never worked right so I gave up.

debatedude and Konvict like this.
  9. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I guess he means Hemp. Maybe we should change it!:rolling laugh:

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I have had a few single coil RTAs that vaped much better in TC (IMO). The original Lemo, Hurricane, and Bachelor Nano. I wouldn't vape with anything other than SS in TC mode though. Too much hassle.

Ben2vape, debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

for me, I never get dry hits anyway, I can see my juice in my tank and know exactly when I need to fill up with juice...Guess it's good for the drippers out there though,,,,

12. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I never get dry hits when dripping, I can always tell when I need to add juice.

debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

At the moment it's 50 /50. I use TC about 50 % of the time and 50 % of the time i use normal wattage mode. It must be some years ago i bought a mod from @ -V- together with some 50 meters of NI200 wire. So I found out, that I should use the wire, so i just started on TC again a month ago.

When i first got the wire and started on TC it really was frustrating, so i just stop. At a time i bought some Kaifun 4 tanks. And they where absolutely not fit for TC vaping. So I just left it behind until now. With the new Kaifun 5, TC is really fine. The problem with TC is that many tanks have a more or less resistance jumping, that makes TC vaping impossible or at the very least very frustrating, because the jump in resistance make it difficult for the mod to make correct measurement of how hot the coil really is. It is in my experience very important that the center pin of the tank has a very good connection the whole way up to the screw, where you fasten your coil. Same tanks like the Lemo 1 and a lot others rely on to parts of metal that only touches each other, more or less good, and then there will be a resistance jump. The Kayfun 4 had a spring to lead the power from the center pin to the upper part of the connection, and the resistance just jumped up and down, so TC was not an option. It would have helped a lot if the vendors would tell wich tanks where really suitable for TC vaping. Since the kayfun v5 has a centerpin that are screwed into the upper part of the connection this is a very good connection and the resistance is very stable.

So with the Kayfun v5 and the wire from -V- i'I started to vape TC again on some of my mods. When you have made the build and filled juice in the tank, it is very important that you can lock the resistance of the coil, so that the mod knows, that this is the room temperature. The mod will use the change in resistance between a cold and a hot coil to figure out how hot the coil is. A few mods would not let me do that, so I had to adjust the coils every time i would use the mod. So for now my Joyetech eVic mini and the eleaf iStick 60W TC are the easiest to use once the resistance is locked in, it stay that way. So I enjoy to use these two mods in TC mode.

Im happy with both TC mode and normal wattage mode. I'm sure that much of the frustration that people experience with TC vaping, partly goes with the fact, that some tanks out there are not suited for TC mode, and some mods even they have a TC mode, the TC mode is not working very well, and an easy way to be able to lock the resistance is just a must.

14. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I bought a DNA75 to try tc and gave up after several frustrating efforts. Never could see the value. I own may mods and they all will do tc. I have not even tried tc on most of them. I simply don't see the value in it. I never get dry hits. Setting up tc properly is more trouble than I am willing to invest for what I see as no benefit. I imagine if you use drippers it may have some value.

Donkey and Siam Diesel like this.
  15. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

For me it's simple. I save money by using the wire i already have. When the wire is finished in a couple of years, I just might only use Kanthal, unless it's get as easy as on the Joyetech eVic mini :)