1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Do you find some juice taste poor on some cotton?

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by SooKee, Jul 6, 2018.

1. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Thread Starter Contented Single Coiler

Did a bit of testing today as I was sure I must be be doing something wrong but if I vape most of my juices on Coil Master cotton pads they taste fine. Try a few others though (anything nutty, chocolate or caramel) and OMG it's 'Chokerama' (seasons 1-6 inclusive)!!! With Muji, Ambulance, Koh Gen Do and Cotton Bacon (although I never seem to be able to pull off the right amount consistently with that stuff, much as I like it when I do, end up wasting a fair bit) the 'offending' juices are all fine, every one.

Thought I'd test them again today, just before I bin the CM cotton. Sorted out the juices that taste crap on it and they are still bloody awful, even after a normal break in. Using the exact same build at the same variety of wattages and using all of the above (no problem) cottons and it's fine. Confused.com

Hard to believe there's such a massive difference from great to awful, kind of expect there to be some variance, especially as the cotton breaks in, but it just doesn't improve, even the Ambulance brand 40 baht a bag for about 120 pads has no problem on anything . It's sure confirmed my plan to bin it (or at least only ever use it for non reactive juice). I also find it has the worst taste out of them all if you happen to have vaped nearly all the juice out of it in error, maybe a draw or two before you'd get a dry hit.

All down to the base material I guess but very, very surprised. Maybe the CM would be better if it was boiled first but I really can't be asked when others just work.

moonoy93 and kevin bangkok like this.
  2. kevin bangkok

kevin bangkok Well-Known Member

Vapers dilema,I had an operation 4 yrs ago ,came out of hospital with a huge bag
    of cotton wool,thought to myself "that will do for me"but the varations still existed
    it is the vapers tongue I am sure,we all have tried coiling, wicking,to no avail
    read often about Japanese cotton tried some once,I did not detect any change,
    aah!! well I am in the aged group all my faculties are on the wane...................lol

SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Have you tried Rayon? - not sure if you can get it here..