1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

DNA 40 Temp settings and Watt settings

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Dec 12, 2014.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

So while I am talking to myself
    :wacky:

I just took out this twisted coil, then I was able to make it straight, cleaned it with tissue, then re coil it to it's 5 wraps around the tooth pick and use it again, it was like new...
    I also had some of that Japanese cotton in a bag so decided to try that...
    First thoughts, the taste is nowhere near as good as it is with rayon...

Coil came out to 0.08 again....

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I used the double-insertion method with rayon with my Ni200 coils and it has worked well to minimize coil distortion while at the same time keeping the coil packed. Thought I would mention since you brought up the rayon and re-wicking.

3. -V-
    Cool

What's that?

4. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

I used 'double insertion' a couple of nites ago I think ... but wasn't with rayon or cotton ...

:rolling laugh:

Siam Diesel, Tibo and Scratchy like this.
  5. -V-
    Cool

Found it, I will give it a try

Screen Shot 2557-12-19 at 11.59.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2557-12-19 at 11.59.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2557-12-20 at 12.00.06 AM.png Screen Shot 2557-12-20 at 12.00.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2557-12-20 at 12.00.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2557-12-20 at 12.00.34 AM.png

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Scratchy
    Lurking

Sorry should have provided a link but happy you found it. Works well.

Buzz: I had a feeling someone was going to throw in a funny like that! Good one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BuzzSamui likes this.
  7. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

My first day playing with my VF and DNA 40, only have 31g and im hating it. my drippers are doing fine and Orcids are ok to. tried to get my kayfuns running and big problems. temp limit hits in at any temp above 7.5 watts, maybe they will do better with 28g but it does seem that kayfuns run hot, does make me wonder if kayfuns without temp control might be dangerouse, running high temps and breaking down the juice. anyway im geting great flavour and lots of vapour from my drippers and my orcids. VF set to 450 deg F and watts at 16-20. More clouds at 30+ but the flavours fine at 16-20.

Back to the 31g Nickel wire, its a pain, very weak and hard to work with. Screws cut it when tightening it down and it doesnt hold its shape when putting the cotten through it. I know this is the way we have to go but give me 26g kanthol anyday.

8. -V-
    Cool

I know how you feel, i was having hell on with the Rose, then I just twisted 30 gauge together and all went fine, makes it better to work with and the ohms don't jump around...
    Try some twisted coils....

9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Using twisted 32 ga here (if I didn't twist it I'd pull my hair out), spaced-coils and no real problems with temperature control. I think small chimney-chamber and lower airflow devices may be more susceptible to the protection kicking in. On my erlkonigin it sometimes does @ 450 degree setting but it's very brief and never immediately upon vaping. It also doesn't really impact the quality of the vape itself. Doesn't ever happen on my Aqua V2 @ 450. On my vertex RDA, only when the wick starts drying.

Have also read where people have had to change their wicking method to get more juice to the coil in order to get the temps better under control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Done my first NI200 build on the Rose v2 using 29ga. No idea how many wraps/2mm/0.22r

Firstly, I'm not particularly fond of this Rose atm (never used it before), too tight for me to get an enjoyable vape from it I think no matter what setting I'll use.

I'm at 500f/22w and temp control doesn't seem to be kicking in but then I don't usually chain vape. I think I'll just finish what I put in the tank and try something else. Erlkonigin is the only other single coil tank I have so it will have to be that.

11. -V-
    Cool

I haven't used temp for a few weeks now, kind of happy with the normal kanthal builds to be honest and as I don't drip and can see when my juice is getting low I'm not that bothered

Sent from my ZNA 40

12. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I'm completely happy with the way I vape, I'll mess about with temp control on the side just for the experience at the moment.

13. -V-
    Cool

Same as me

Sent from my ZNA 40

14. Scratchy
    Lurking

I am also really happy with both my conventional kanthal setups and my temp control ones. Prefer the latter when I'm not seeking out a particular style of vape or juice flavor but usually the choice mostly comes down to what juice flavor I am looking to be vaping and whether or not RTA or RDA style....that can end up being either Ni200 or kanthal devices.

15. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Not got temp control, and at this stage probably won't get it, but reading this thread makes me wonder if it is too restrictive in what builds you can use as well as having to use Nickel only. My thoughts are that it's a good idea that is in it's infancy and needs a lot of tweaking to get it right. But as I say I haven't got the rDNA 40 board and have never even tried a vape using temp control.