1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

DNA 40 boards stil giving problems

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Nov 18, 2014.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

From the only one which gave me the same problem it was fine for me as it only happened in temp mode, using it in the normal mode the screen was fine.
    Then even when I put it in temp mode sometimes it was hit or miss if it did it, and even then when it did do it it would come back to an unscrambled screen from time to time...

I can't believe it's still happening though, you'd have thought Evolv would have had this sorted by now, there must be some real strange reasons why this is happening...

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

3. -V-
    Cool

lol not managed to finish watching it yet...

4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I just skipped to the numbers and then straight to the end of part two :)

Talen likes this.
  5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I must have 2 really good DNA40 devices. No screen issues, no temp changing/refinement problem, no sticking in temp mode problem and the battery bar hasn't caused me a bit of grief either. My only disappointments are:

Working with Ni200 and the space and care it requires. Kanthal a good amount easier.

With a good number of RDAs I have difficulty with or cannot obtain the warmth and density of vape I want. Some RDAs work very well with it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

I skipped around but headed for the end quick...his seal of disapproval will hurt a bit me thinks

7. -V-
    Cool

I hope all what he said in the last 10 minutes will kick Evolv up the ass to get things sorted....

8. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

You'd think it would but I don't know. Everything that has been said about Evolv in the past year or so has always been great and how these guys are geniuses and yet they failed until recently to even have reverse battery protection on their boards.

I don't see temp control going anywhere until someone comes up with a way to relate it to kanthal...then we have a ball game.

9. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Well my VF had all the issues mentioned, and I agree for my drippers it was good. I hope when it gets back to me the problems have been solved. I now have a second one, big screen to get frustrated over. Chucked it into a box today and so far its OK. Just need my NI200 OCC coils next week now, but no rush if V is out of action, I have 2 tanks and 4 drippers already coiled.:grin:

10. -V-
    Cool

In regard to controlling temp, Phil mentioned this, however I found myself when running with temp with nickel the tank and mod got a hell of a lot hotter than it does with kanthal...

11. Scratchy
    Lurking

I personally have never experienced this. If anything, with both of my DNA 40's, it is noticeably cooler than tank temps I'm used to with Kanthal. Maybe this is an indication of some inaccuracy in readings or something else? Maybe it's the attys in question? I know you are a fan of the Rose V2 as am I but honestly, I have yet to do a Ni200 build on one yet.

12. judas
    Amused

judas Lethargic Member

All ok now but, I think we've heard that before.

evolv.png

13. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Interesting we have a refinment feature that causes problems so lets just lock it out :rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

14. Scratchy
    Lurking

I think they are also bringing attention to the fact that it is poor/unstable atty connectivity and coil connections that are behind the refinement process changing values. Not really a refinement problem. These connectivity type issues have long been pointed out as a potential problem that needs to be considered when building the coil, securing coil legs and also in considering the quality of your atty's connections.

The flip-side to this is that if you have a less than stable atty or atty or generally, something happens to change the resistance of your setup, your "locked-in" setting could be inaccurate relative to actual resistance at the coil. At the heart of all this is Ni200 and greater challenges in building and securing a good coil in the atty as well as the low resistance levels to begin with where with what would be a negligible difference in resistance using other coil metals can be a significant difference with Ni200.

15. -V-
    Cool

And interesting comments after about this 'new' atty lock
    Screen Shot 2558-03-21 at 9.43.47 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-03-21 at 9.43.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-03-21 at 9.43.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-03-21 at 9.44.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-03-21 at 9.44.53 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-03-21 at 9.45.09 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-03-21 at 9.45.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-03-21 at 9.46.26 AM.png