1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

DNA 30 TUbe Mod by Torbeco Review with pictures

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by -V-, Jun 26, 2014.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

So I just got this today, the DNA 30 (clone chip) tube mod by Torbco, got it from Big;

DNA 30 by Tobeco (Tube Mod)

Nice box and here it is opened;

photo 1.JPG

After not using a tube mod with circuit board for a long time the first thing which hit me was the size of the thing, kinda long, then I screwed on my KayFun and 'hell' yes, this thing is long with the KayFun on it.

I think it would look a lot better with a dripper on it, but as I just sold mine I didn't have one to try on it.

Here are some pictures with it next to my DNA 30 Box Mods I have;

photo 2.JPG
    photo 3.JPG

Next to the Sony 18650 battery;

photo 5.JPG

The tube at the top is 21mm, whereas most atties now are 22mm so there is a small overhang;
    photo 4.JPG

Here it is all alone, it's a 'beast' I tell ya :rolling laugh:

photo 1.JPG

The whole thing broken down with the battery too;

photo 2.JPG

Top shot, it has air channels on the top cap if needed;

photo 3.JPG

And the top of the mod, it's bright enough but outside in the daylight it can be hard to see, I think it is cos of the screen cover they used not so much the actual chip;

photo 4.JPG

How does it vape?

Well very good, got my 1.0 ohm coil in my KayFun at 17W, lovely thick tasty vape.
    In the instructions with it, the specs say can do 0.3 ohms, so this is the latest version of this.
    I built a quick coil and it came to 0.4 ohms and it fired no problem.

The menu is same as all the DNA 30 (clone chip) mods.

The button up and down and fire, they are very 'soft' not a 'click' 'click' feel, but it's ok.
    I think I like the 'clicky' feel of my DNA 30 Box Mod buttons more though.

Last thoughts, it's a DNA 30 tube mod, it's kinda big with the KayFun, I think it would be better with a dripper.
    The thing hits very well, just as good as my DNA 30 box mod, if not a little better..maybe...

Will I keep it?
    Not sure, this afternoon I was already to sell it, as I do like my box mods more, but after using it more tonight it's not too bad.
    Like I said, a dripper could be good, maybe I will have to buy the 'Zenith' clone dripper from Big to try it :rolling laugh:

Oh, the very last thing, the battery indictor doesn't go down as fast as my DNA 30 box mod, not sure why...
    Oh the very, very last thing, the spring got just a little warm, not a lot, after chain vaping hard with it then popping off the bottom and touching the spring on my lips (best place to test, nice and sensitive)

The Threads are very smooth on all the tube too
    Ok, that's it, ask any questions you like

:very good::vaping:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

(best place to test, nice and sensitive) Ahem Ahem......

3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Just wanted to know about the buttons, are they plastic or copper?

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Neither, they are a soft brass...

5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Thank you very much for the review Vapermorph, I very much appreciated it.

For me the question is would I buy it ? your review gave me the answers I need, and in a month time I just might. You mention the size, and I like big mods, even think the I taste 134 is just a tiny mod :rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

Thanks mate for a good review. Just another mod to consider, making my misses shake her head.:grin:

These long mods remind me of the Royal scepters, you know the stick tthe kings hels in there hands, mostly with some symbol. A royal mod :grin:

6. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

Very good review VM. Quite a bit of tech and power involved in the DNA boards I understand, just wish they were the size of say a Kick. :very good: