1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

DNA 30 by Tobeco (Tube Mod)

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's PVs, Mods, Devices and Kits' started by Big by-pass, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Output Power: 7.0W-30.0WAtomizer Resistance :0.3-3.3Ω
    High rate battery(20C)

A: “+“ buttonShort press “+“ , output power increases 0.1 W/Step, range: 7.0-30.0wLong press “+“, speed up
    B: “-” buttonShort press “-”, output power decreases 0.1 W/Step, range: 7.0-30.0wLong press “-”, speed up
    C: primary button(fire button):press the promary button, begin to work at pre-set power, if can not reach pre-set power,output at the lowest power; lossen the primary key,stop working
    D: OLED display shows:pre-set power, output voltage,the current state of the charge of batteryAtomizer resistance: (error range:±0.2Ω)

Here is another description given by Tobeco. We post what they give us!

Tobeco new design dna 30 mod feature:
    a: showing TOBECO when starting up
    b: protecting the opposite pole, do not work when you put the battery opposite
    c: Auto off when short circuit
    d: with copper button on body
    DNA 30 mod:Body with variable voltage battery
    Output Power: 7.0W-30.0W
    Atomizer Resistance :0.3-3.3Ω
    High rate battery(20C)

ราคา 1500บาท
    EMS FREE IN THAILAND ONLY

D30.jpg
    D30-1.jpg
    D30-2.jpg
    D30-3.jpg

D30.jpg

D30-1.jpg

D30-2.jpg

D30-3.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

your are right, it cant step down voltage and at 0.3 ohms it will need 3 volts to get 30 watts/10 amps.

so either i wont fire or bypass the chip and give 53 watts(on a 4 volt batt.)

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

He,he you are really holding the kettle going as we say :rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh: As i know the DNA box mood is from cloupor ? if so this one is more accurate than the box. But no I don't think I will buy one. All my vaping is done at arround 8-10 Watts, so I still dont use the 15 Watts I have, and my wallet says no go. Just have to wait...:sad:

4. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Still in Malaysia which is why I haven't been posting, with nothing but my iPhone which makes it even worse, but I did want to comment on these issues. I'll probably be getting one of these, considering I begged big to get them last time I was there, but firing below spec is a bug, not a feature. The wires, traces on the boards, the ICs, they weren't meant to take that much. 30 watts is 30 watts, at 3 ohms or .3 ohms. Since this doesn't have buck circuitry and may not have a low-ohm cutoff, I'd do my best to keep the ohms up in a reasonable range so as to keep my fingers intact.

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

I haven't seen how those numbers were gathered, but I can't say I put much stock into them. I personally believe all the clone chips are coming from the same manufacturer, the differences in numbers could easily come from the different components in the mod, like wiring and 510 connection. Resistance changes from heat as well, so different wire from the chipset to the 510 alone could cause those differences. I'd like to see the test don directly from the traces on the chip personally.

6. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

i wonder if the copper button they are talking about is just the spring. The buttons look like gold colored plastic to me.

I was never really tempted by the Hana clone but this one does tempt me.

7. Emmess

Emmess Well-Known Member

d: with copper button on body <~~~~~~ That's what it says above BW. Don't think they would lie so blatantly. You could be right of course :)

8. BadWingman

BadWingman Newbie

I guess we will know soon when VM gives the report. :vaping:

i still am tempted but about to buy a new TV so I'll wait and see what the early adopters have to report. :very good:

9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

The numbers are gathered by using a precice test resistant instead of the coil and attach the measuring instrument to it. And you are right Ryan. That also the different wires, component used heat and so on could influence the measure results. But i don't understand you opposing to the way the test is done, maybe because i don't understand it. I would think that by incorporating these figures in the test, it could tell something of the build quality of the mod, better soldering, better quality wire used and the like. even the chip might come from the same factory, the way the two mods are build, might make the difference ? Just a thought.

10. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

watched all 4u guys so here the quick translation:

its is a DNA30 Chip then in the Hana Modz Clone which is much better,
    it comes with a pouch, but the pouch covers only the device, a bit longer a atty would fill it there as well,

As for the Manual:
    puts out 11V which is better the the former one
    max out 10 Ampere
    0.3 - 3.3 Ohm is written on the package, but from mathematical point of view its not possible
    i am not electric guy (me oil), but he said with the 10 Amp. max out the 0.3 Ohm is not possible according to Ohms law.
    hence batteries to should have 20+ Amp. Discharge Rate

First Look
    center pin is fixed
    it lays very good in the hand, a bit Valkyrie style
    on display it shows - Tobeco DNA
    the display itself is not strong with the light, outdoors prolly hard to see
    which is already the biggest minus point of the Tobeco, that the default display is hard to see
    although whenever you click its gets bright

140 cm long
    21 mm diameter at top cap
    22.77 mm normal diameter
    23.76 mm diameter at biggest

then in the video lots of example how it looks on certain attys

Electric Measurements
    7 Watts - 2.2 Ohms -
    7 Watts - 1.2 Ohms -
    lesser watts then the battery charge cant be done, same as HMClone DNA30
    30 Watts - 2.2 Ohms -
    30 Watts - 1.2 Ohms -
    LOL thats was tooo much electrical stuff for me, however the summary is:
    the Tobeca DNA30 is very precis and much better then the HMClone

at video 24:37 there is a table comparing the
    Original Evolv DNA30
    Hana Modz Cloupor DNA30 Clone
    Tobeco DNA 30 Clone

basically the Tobeco DNA30 Clone is much closer to the Original DNA30 from Evolve, in some cases even better then the Original from Evolve :D - and its milestones better then the Hana Modz Clone

Summary:
    Price in Germany was 80 Euro
    getting hot pretty quickly, however thats the same for all DNA30s
    its pretty flexible for custom moddig
    the button look pretty stupid and cheap in his opinion
    its very solid overall device and heavy
    the coned top cap is not soo nice, (a bit provari like)
    this very dark display mode is only in two modes, (didnt really figure it precisly)

11. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for that oil, I will do my review as soon as I get it...

12. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

As I understand it it was when you want to switch from normal mode to stealth mode and when you want to flip the display. But you only do it very seldom, and then you need a dark room, so you can see the display. And he did not like the bottom spring, it get's warm.

13. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

That's not good at all.....

14. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

yep. but he mentioned there is a easy fix he will show in some of the follow up videos of his channel, and he also said that most of the DNA30 devices have the issue that they get hot very quickly. i can confirm that on mine :D