1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Direct lung inhale 24/7 ?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by pierdon, Mar 15, 2016.

1. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I switched from mouth to lung vape (using a Nautilus / Aerotank) to direct lung inhale about a year ago (using my 2 subox).

I would like to know (well, the little paranoid/hypochondriac side of me would like to know) if there is any source/hint that direct lung inhale could do more harm than the standard mouth to lung inhale type of vape.

Of course, i'm vaping in the 20-25w range (lung) instead of the former 9-12w (mouth to lung). Would that be a factor that might be "less healthy" ?

Do you guys always vape the same way ?

Any input / experience / advice is welcome :)

Thanks in advance

Loki and Yong like this.
  2. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

I vape around 20-30 watts all day on a restrictive lung inhale ( not clouds bruh way ), i personally do not think theres any much different in side effects compared to mouth to lung.

Either way you're taking in the same amount of nicotine. I'm no doctor but vaping is too 'new' to show any long term effects other than the usual vapers tongue ( just drink more water )

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I suppose the only evidence is dryness of the mouth and im sure the dryer the mouth the worse it will be long term. The more vaper your mouth gets contact with the dryer your mouth would be. This is only my thoughts on it. I have never really understood the MTL or DTL vape as I have only ever vaped for 3-4 seconds then exhaled, at 7 watts and at 70watts. Maybe im in-between. The only time I deep inhale is for stealth vaping.

Yong likes this.
  4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

The only thing I can think of is that with a higher wattage that you will use more e-liquid. I don't know if that is true in your case but...

That means that maybe you will inhale more PG, VG and also more flavoring and these are the things they don't know what the long term effect of will be. And if they know the effect what will be the effect of a higher concentration.

But there is also another unknown, what effect does temperature have on e-liquid ...maybe a higher temperature / warmer vape is better than a cooler vape... Nobody knows that yet in the long term...

But as long as you don't use the stinkies, which are for sure much worse ... So don't worry about it ... And vape on...

Loki, Siam Diesel, pierdon and 3 others like this.
  5. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I do direct lung hits using my mechs. Haven't had a noticeable issue yet. I even shuck clouds LOL

Loki and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Direct lung hits has been known to cause mental retardation. Scientific basis: I am a direct lung hitter. Read my posts.

KIDS, DON'T BE LIKE ME!!!!

Neilly, Loki, Siam Diesel and 2 others like this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I think it's logical that more vapor = more harm. Don't ask me to prove that scientifically though.

Loki, aging one and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Loki
    No Mood

Loki Trickster. Vaper. Bringer of Ragnarök

:rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

Honestly I do. I exclusively drip day in, day out Direct Lung hits all day.

If I chain vape right before I go to bed, I to wake up with a dry throat in the morning, that is about it for me.

So far I have not read any proven studies that would reinforce direct lung hits cause harm.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

Take a baloon and do a mouth intake, take another balloon and do an intake like a DL. Watch the size ofd the two baloons. The DL one is about 3 - 4 times bigger. Why do you need lesser nicotin% with DL?

etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

Can only talk for myself – everyone’s different.

I stay with MTL. When I used open draw tanks (just the Subtank and Delta II) I had to reduce nic strength (from 12 to 6 mg) and obviously consumed more juice. And what happened after a while? My “smokers cough” came back. Not as bad as when I used to smoke but notably.

I had the feeling, that the increased flavor consumption was the cause. So I started to mix my own juice.
    Meanwhile I found my sweet spot with a VG PG ratio of 2 to 1, about 5% flavor and 9 mg/ml nicotine.

With MTL – short draws (about 2 secs), kayfunish tanks, medium power (15W, a little more with TC) – I’m totally fine!
    :vaping::vaping::vaping:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

That is what I am thinking as well. I couldn't see why he would be less harmful. Almost it is the same. What I noticed is that I still have hard time catching my breath when exercising. That is one thing I can feel vaping (or smoking before) hasn't improved.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, I've noticed that my breathing is much better than when I smoked...but I rarely take DL hits. Maybe it does make a difference! :D

Tibo, Neilly and Konvict like this.
  13. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I haven't tried a DL hit yet, but I can tell you that I can breathe much better now than before when I was smoking.

Also the pain I had near my heart, phlegm, coughing and gasping for a breath is totally gone now. I am a very happy MTL vaper!

etlava and Neilly like this.
  14. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

That's a lo of feedback, thanks guys :)

Konvict likes this.
  15. BKKPOO

BKKPOO Well-Known Member

Vaping lots of eliquid makes me tired and lazy. Especially if vaping before bedtime. Next day, super tired. 12ml per day at 3mg Nic. Direct to lungs

debatedude likes this.