1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

D.I.Y. Juice

Discussion in 'E-Liquid Reviews' started by chiangrai, Dec 7, 2013.

1. chiangrai

chiangrai Thread Starter New Member

So does anybody know if there is a code for flavors like in glycerine you have UPS.
    I've ordered one with CAO,MSDS standard.
    Premium food flavoring.
    Any guesses on how it's going to vape.

2. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

I've used "Juice Me Up" it's a fee program, has quite a few recipes I'm the program and gives you all the information and changeable charts you need to make the perfect mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3. chiangrai

I mean if there is a code that shoUld be on flavors to say that they are fit to smoke like UPS on vegetagle glyceine.
    I've ordered flavors from Chempan,they have,CAO and MSDS standard.
    Does that mean anything to anybody.

4. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

I dont there is any code for that, the USP grade has nothing todo with vaping.

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Yes, it means they follow international standards on labeling Hazardous Materials (which is everything). Incidentally, you mean USP (U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention) although you keep typing UPS (United Parcel Service). Also, I doubt anyone will ever declare chemicals safe for vaping. Too small an industry (right now anyway) and too much liability. We presume they are safe because they are safe for use in foods, but if you run your coils too hot and they burn, the chemicals can change drastically. Heck, the FDA just announced that basically all browned foods (french fries, baked potatoes, toast) are carcinogenic, so we're kind of moving in the opposite direction.

You are doing something (vaping) that has no long-term studies on safety, and you are inhaling ingredients that were never intended to be inhaled (flavorings). We are taking a risk, nobody will tell you otherwise.

Good luck and have fun with your mixing.

6. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

I just got my parcel from chemipan, looks good, ill test it later today.:vaping:

pgvgmc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  7. chiangrai

Hi,
    I jot my package from Chempan yesterday.
    1KG VG and 25mls of premium Mocha flavor.

I got an empty 30ml bottle,put 10 ml of ready made 18mg nicotine 50bht e-liquid into it and 20ml of VG.
    I then put the smallest amount of flavoring I could with a 3cc syringe.I'm not sure if it was .2cc or .4cc.My eyesight is not the greatest.
    I gave it all a good shake and tried it out.
    It was the best juice I've ever tasted.The mocha flavor was delicious and the amount of vapor was fantastic.

So I would like to thank everybody who helped me on this thread,especially Mash.I will be sticking to this recipe for a while.

But how do I price my 30ML mix.
    O.K, 50bht for the ready made liquid was a lot but it is so much more convenient than pure nicotine.
    But the 20mls of VG and the 4ccs of flavor,how do you price them,cannot be more than 10bht.

So 65 to 70bht for my 30ml bottle which should have 6mg of nicotine.I,m happy.
    Would I save much more by going down the pure nicotine route.
    Chemipan must be the best kept secret in the vaping world.
    Thanks again

8. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

So, how did you get on with your new batch, Mash?

I'm guessing that you made this menthol mix without nicotine?

How did it turn out?

I will be going to see them this week and find out first hand what they have.

I'll tell them about the forum and get as much information as I can and report back to you guys.

9. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

i only got to make the mint, i have nicotine but iam at 2 mg/ml so maybe ill make some zero nic. juice,

10. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

11. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

I went to see our friends today at Chemipan just down the road from Fashion Island.

[​IMG]

They were very accommodating and sold me this stuff

[​IMG]

Hard to believe that 1kg (approx 1 liter) of USA VG is 58 baht and 1kg of USA PG is 138 baht.

Their 25 mg/ml flavours range from 38-68 baht.

Here is the link to their flavour web page.

Note that all of the flavourings begin with the code "FA".

http://doc.chemipan.org/home/images/chemipan/document/product/catalogue/pdf/CHE_Catalogue_FA_Food_Flavour.pdf

Unfortunately, they don't sell nicotine, so if anyone knows where I can get it from I'd appreciate it

12. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Did you happen to ask if they had any of the materials for handling the stuff, graduated cylinders and the like?

- - - Updated - - -

I checked their website and they don't have it, but it would also be nice to find a supplier of Bromothymol blue and .12n Sulfuric acid.

13. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

Now you're just showing off, Ryan.

Actually, I did ask them if they had any small bottles or other supplies I could use for mixing, but they didn't.

There is a good teacher resource center that has a lot of science equipment at Future Park, Rangsit.

I will go past there tomorrow on the way back from my friend's psychiatric visit. I'll pop in and ask them for you while I get myself some supplies if you like?

14. chiangrai

With my home made mix I have to turn the battery up to 5.5v to get the best flavor from the mocha but I only need 4.0v to get the amount of vapor I'm more than happy with.
    Is there any harm in adding more flavor.

15. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

No, I think you add flavor to taste. But do everything in small steps

Where did you get the nicotine from, BTW?