1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Coils for OBS Crius RTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by JohnKalasin, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

There's not a great deal in it, but it's been a while since I've used a Subtank.
    Personally I thought the Aromamizer was shit.

Siam Diesel and JohnKalasin like this.
  2. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Im in dual coils mode with Nicrome, and OBS Crius is my main tank.. Subtank is also a very good tank! A lot of flavor from the OCC coils and vape!

But Billow nano v2 is also amazing on low wattege and 0.5 for flavor production.. They are all 3 very good tanks IMO

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

I figured out what the problem was with my muted flavors on my Crius. It turns out that if you actually read the instructions carefully and not just skim through, they may actually provide some useful information. In case anyone else decides to take the long way around like I did, in the instructions it says that the distance between the coil and the base has an affect on the quality of the vape. I somehow confused "base" with "posts" and built as close to the posts as possible (making it high on the deck). I should have been building as close to the base as possible. After much fiddling around to rebuild the deck and attempt to build as close to the base as possible, I have significantly improved flavor. Almost on par with my sub tank mini. I believe I still have room for improvement in my build and can likely get even more out of it. In any case, what I thought could have been a wire, wicking, cotton, under performing product issue, turned out to be a simple misunderstanding of the build.

4. memphys

memphys Member

Essentially, it's wicked the same way as any vertical coil. Wicked around the coil, with 4 small additional pieces cut out for each juice hole. Actually, it seems to give a much airier draw with the vertical coil

5. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

+1 to that, I found this out by accident on my griffin, exactly the same thing ... FA instructions with griffin, just a tiny card with tiny photos on it ... Beyond that it's mostly wicking which I was putting too much, then coiling for which claptons work great.