1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Big, would you be willing to sell used gear on consignment?

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's Info, Questions,Answers, Requests an' started by Submaniac, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Thread Starter Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Hey Big, I have alot of gear that I am not using anymore, like atomizers and mods. They're in good condition, but for whatever reason I have moved on to better gear. In the states, the vape shops here take used vaping gear in on consignment which is where a person leaves the gear they want to sell with the shop. The shop puts it out for display and sale, and if the item sells the shop keeps a portion of the sale price and forwards the remaining money to the person who is selling. Alot of my gear is fairly commonplace in the states but I was thinking of bringing it into Thailand the next time I go because it is harder to get over there. (I also have authentics too.) I am just to lazy to list what I have for sale and was just going to ask if this is something you would be interested to allow.

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

I'd say best to take it to a Conversation with Big

3. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Got any unregulated tube mods? 1865 size?

4. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Why not start to post them in the classfields here?

5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I think this is the answer :)

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

@Submaniac - I was at Big's shop yesterday. Between my Thai, his English and Google Translate, I think I was able to get across to him what you want to do - - but I could be wrong. The concept of 'on consignment' may be new over here, especially with vape gear. The best way to sort this out is to have a conversation with him in Thai and see if you both can come to some arrangement.

Submaniac likes this.
  7. Submaniac
    Fiendish

OK cool, and (once again) THank you SD for going the extra distance. I probably will have to send him an email, and I may just start listing some of the stuff in the classifieds to see if anyone wants them. Cheers.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I also think you have to take into consideration, that the sale of vaping gear in Thailand is illegal, so making a form of commission you @Submaniac where thinking of might ad to the risk he has to take to get his shop going?

9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I agree with @Dieter. and I will add that a giveaway will be much safer for everyone. I'll PM you my postal address.

10. Submaniac
    Fiendish

But dieter there is no difference. Any shop selling gear in Thailand already has gear in stock. There is no difference in legality between selling new or used gear and no difference in legality between high end and low end gear. The difference is that a merchant stocking new gear has to have prepaid for his gear already in order to sell it whereas on consignment the merchant gets the gear to sell without having to pay for it first and only has to pay after it has sold and the merchant has received his payment and profit first.

Anyways it's starting to appear to be mod hassle than it is worth so I will just keep and get rid of either in the states or the next time I'm in Thailand. Thanks

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Post above has been split and moved with other posts to Members Classifieds. Let's continue the discussion there. I'm going to close this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.