1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Big Joke: E-cigarettes are bad for you and they are illegal

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Rowdy, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Thread Starter Old broken down Vaper

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn has responded forcefully to the use of e-cigarettes in Thailand.

Calls to go easy have been ignored and the top cop known as Big Joke has clamped down with a stark message for sellers and users instead.

He told the media at a Ram Inthra market after a series of busts last night:

"Tell the people that e-cigarettes are illegal. And smoking them is bad for your health".

His short, sharp message was accompanied by giving information about where to find out more. He advised the public to go to his Facebook page, contact the tech police or dial 1155.

Lt-Gen Surachate was speaking after arresting 23 people in raids on 30 shops across the capital last night.

Nineteen Thais and two each from Myanmar and Laos were nabbed.

A million baht's worth of vaping fluid and equipment was seized.

Those arrested face up to eight charges including selling the merchandise and illegal working.

The raids came after Maris Karanyawat from the End Cigarette Smoking Thailand Group asked for clarification about the police approach following allegations that a French woman in Phuket was caught up in bribery allegations.

Thaivisa notes that the message seems to be clear - Thailand is not going easy on e-cigarettes.

And the most high profile cop in the land is putting his weight behind the enforcement of the law.

Source: Thai Rath

Big Joke would not know the difference between an ass and an elbow.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Not an unexpected response...he's not the most tolerant person and doesn't seem to know much about vaping. :(

I'd like to read this article. :D

Rowdy and SooKee like this.
  3. SooKee
    Lurking

SooKee Contented Single Coiler

Pity he's not so ruthless in his crusades to go after the cops that have and continue to extort tourists for this (and anything else they can come up with). Too close to home I guess plus not the best headlines for Thailand "Yes they are bent". Just not enough Jok to go round too I guess. Much too big a trough.

Rowdy and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

"Tell the people that e-cigarettes are illegal. And smoking them is bad for your health".

:rolling laugh::rolling laugh::rolling laugh:
    And smoking analogue cigarettes are better as they are legal...

Certainly living up to his name...

Rowdy, Sue, SooKee and 1 other person like this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

6. DannyA

DannyA Well-Known Member

That's supposed to be a million baht in gear and liquid on that table
    Maybe that's what they want in taxes should it become legal

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

SooKee, moonoy93 and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Fastoche

Fastoche Well-Known Member

I saw this news 12 hours after my dad called me to informed me he was at hospital for a lung cancer.
    It made me very angry to read it.
    This guy is being paid to protect people but by propagating lies like this he will have his part of responsibility in many deaths to come. Sad.
    Stupidity kills.

jpr, Siam Diesel and moonoy93 like this.