1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Battery Problem ?

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by Crawford55, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Crawford55

Crawford55 Thread Starter Member

Bought a New Kangertech Subox Mini Kit in Philippines (Have a few old style eCigs before) am very impressed with it, BUT it came with a brand new eFest purple IMR18650 2800mAh 3.7 Li-Mn Battery, which worked fine for a few days, but now it is just dead ? The kangertech lights up when i put it it, then shows battery empty and nothing else, but it wont charge either in the unit or in another charger

I have some other batteries that i tried from some torches i have ultrafire BRC 18650 3800 mAh (Yes i know crap batteries) they worked for maybe 30 minutes then also died and will not recharge ?
    I had the Subox set on 30W so i turned it down to 20W which appeared to work for a few minutes, then everything dead again, done this on 3 of the cheaper batteries now all dead the same ? What is happening ?

I have ordered some Samsung from Micky, but waiting for them to arrive
    Any help appreciated

2. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Two months on the Subox Mini on a Sony VTC5 without a problem. So I would guess it;s the cheapo flashlight batteries. Good sticky thread on here about batteries. Before I read it, I knew that my truck battery was bigger than the TV remote batteries, and that was about it.
    **Updated**
    Just ordered a Nitecore D4 charger, so I can read all the info I need abut the state of my batteries.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. Crawford55

Just received new Samsung Battery from Micky yesterday, Put it in the Subox Mini to Charge, and now the Mini is dead, no lights no nothing, Hmmm
    Battery fine when checked on meter . . :(

4. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Subox Mini is kaput. If you can put a freshly charged battery in it and it works, then maybe the USB charging is not working. Other than that you are probably on your own, unless Kanger or the dealer in the Philippines step up. I had a problem with a SMOK M80+ that was bought in Malaysia. Long story short, SMOK said go to dealer and dealer said go to SMOK. I ended up with an expensive paperweight.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Crawford55

Going to take it back to the dealer this weekend, not hopeful of happy outcome though
    Just bought a new one from Micky