1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Aspire nautilus replacement coils lifespan

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by Mickdee.bkk, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Mickdee.bkk

Mickdee.bkk Thread Starter Active Member

So far so good and happy vaping for me. I just seem to have a very short lifespan on my replacement coils. They are 1.8ohms and I'm vaping between 11-12watts.

I'm not vaping all that much with them, maybe 2.5ml-3ml per day tops.

The ohms seem to creep up with use and then when they get to maybe 2ohms they stop firing and my ipv d2 reports 'check atomizer'.

This whole process is taking 4-5days. Shouldn't coils be lasting longer than that?

Anybody any ideas? First time it happened I thought it might have been a random bad coil. But now it's happened again. Is this normal?

Thanks so much in advance!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

If you vape 5 days with 3 ml a day, that's only 15 ml and not a lot. I think 30 ml a coil or even more should be average.

I do have sometimes that I don't get the taste anymore after 15 ml and changed the coil, but I never had a check atty or that a coil stopped on me!

I actually think it is your mod or the quality of your coils!

Do you have BVC coils?

v 4 vendetta and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

It seems normal to me.
    I used 1.6 BVC coils but only at 10.5-11 watts and they lasted about a week.

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If you're getting a 'check atty' message on the D2, there's most likely a connection issue between the tank & the mod. The D2 has a spring-loaded 510 connector - - you might try pressing it with a small screwdriver to make sure it's not stuck down. The Nautilus has a spring-loaded 510 connector as well...if you press the connector on the bottom, it should compress & rebound if the coil is seated properly.

My coils last a long time on my Nauts...anywhere between 30-50 ml depending on the juice. I find that the coils for the darker juices need replacing more often (Grant's is the worst).

Are you using genuine Aspire BVC coils?

5. Mickdee.bkk

Mickdee.bkk Thread Starter Active Member

Yes. They are official Aspire Bvc coils. Ill try checking the spring to see if it's popping out properly I didn't know the nautilus connector was on a spring to be honest.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  6. v 4 vendetta
    No Mood

v 4 vendetta Well-Known Member

I agree, sweet juices really reduce the lifespan of coils

Konvict, fridgemagnet and Siam Diesel like this.