1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave Review

Discussion in 'Vaping Reviews' started by -V-, Aug 15, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

The Rev likes this.
  2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

So happy with my first copy that I ordered my second one yesterday. Now they have air adjustment bands with two holes as opposed to 4 so you can concentrate air better for dual coil setups and reduce the airflow more. They include one of each type of band in each purchase now and you can order more separately. In the next two or three weeks they are planning to come out with a new deck that will support a velocity RDA type post design for easy building.

Highly recommend this tank for those looking for a very open and smooth vape with very good flavor. As mentioned in the review and elsewhere by others, it's bridging a RDA and RTA vaping experience, hence the acronym RDTA. Been vaping with it using my normal 6mg juices and it was too much (major nic head rush first time around!) so I had to reduce my draw time and cut power some. It's helped prompt me to start ordering 3 mg juices in addition to 6 mg.

Negatives for me include the air control bands which can move out of position some if you aren't paying attention when handling that area of the atty. Also, for the best flavor it's advised to pull up your coils to near the level of the very top of the posts. Not necessarily hard to do but it needs to be considered when doing the initial placement of the coils and prior to tightening the legs down. Oh and the included drip tip sort off sucks. Designed to help stop spit back, I found it squelches the vape. Ditched it straight off.

@Tibo, this tank may be a real good one for you.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    The Rev, Tibo and -V- like this.
  3. BKKPOO

BKKPOO Well-Known Member

Received nice vape mail last night: The RDTA and some VM juices. I need to spend more time with the tank but let me say this thing is VERY well made. The quality of the tank surpasses the subtanks, starre tank and ego one that I have. Unique design with the way it wicks.

Pros:
    Versatility: single, dual, quad coil in the velocity deck.
    Same size as subtank mini but holds 6ml. A bit wider at 23mm i think.
    Adjustable 510 pin
    Quality is the best
    no dry hits thus far.

Cons:
    Set it on it's side over night to test and it pissed all over itself. I will try the pocket test to see if it leaks which is more important.

I'm not really experienced at building but I am sure you can get any vape you like on this because it is so versatile. I've seen some pictures where ppl use it as a dripper.

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 1.19.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 1.18.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 1.18.37 PM.png

4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I'll check the video this weekend. So far, I doubt I can find a more suitable than the SMOK TFV4 but it worth a look. Thanks for the suggestion @Scratchy

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Scratchy
    Lurking

The Aromamizer may have more wide open air flow capability and possibly also better flavor due to the RDA type deck design. I haven't tried the TFV4 but I like the flavor from the Aromamizer more than the Crown which some reviewers feel is a better flavor producer over the TFV4.

I'd really like to try the TFV4 myself someday because I do hear so much good about it!

BKKPOO, Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  6. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I'll have it at the meet. If you buy one and don't like it, I'll buy it from you. It's outstanding.

Scratchy and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Scratchy
    Lurking

I hope I can be there to try it!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Anyone got a link to this tank please?

My internet sucks here and Google won't search at all atm.

9. Scratchy
    Lurking

10. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

11. Scratchy
    Lurking

Both the 3 ml and 6ml versions here too but no dual post deck option like the other link I gave you: √ Aromamizer RDTA(3ml/6ml) by Steam Crave
    **Updated**
    Another very positive review:

He said that, for a tank, it's about as close as you can get to dripping. I would agree

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  12. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It does seem a good purchase.

Originally I wasn't interested purely because PigMan Pegasus was claiming "I am the guy behind SteamCrave".

A while back he had a Q&A stream for the PVA-40 (which failed miserably) that unsurprisingly turned into an infomercial for various devices he could earn from.

Whilst his shill's were constantly praising him on the design I asked him to clarify his position with the company and his input into the design.

He spoke for 15 minutes on the subject. It took him 15 minutes to explain the following;

"I designed the font and suggested to put a magnet on the box"

Apparently the drip tip was his idea too but that had been done previously.

It's certainly a candidate purchase for me if I find juice to use it with. Quite happy with the Lemo 2 ATM.

Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.
  13. Scratchy
    Lurking

A lot of folks really don;t like him. I don't care for the way he sorts of preaches in his videos. Haven't watched one in a long time because of that. I recall he was doing the PVA-40 and suspected it would fail and/or come out too late.

14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It wasn't a bad mod, but even at the $140 pre release price tag there were better options. At the $200 he is selling it for it is just not an option at all.
    Todd reviewed one recently. The only review by anyone 'famous.'

The near half a kilogram weight is a deal breaker for me:)

As for the RDTA, it is in my top 5 'wants' at present. The 3ml version though:)

Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.