1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Anyone have Fiber?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Rick O-Shea, Sep 26, 2015.

1. vinay

vinay Well-Known Member

True docsis would be an option if you need 30mb.

Sent using tapatalk

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

44ms is still only 10mm to the left or right to shoot at moving target ;)

pierdon and Scratchy like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Gonna have to check and see what's available out here in the Dark Side boonies. Currently have 3BB ADSL @ 3MB down, 1MB up for Bt 1166/mo. Pretty stable but streaming can be a bit tedious at such a low speed!

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Dieter. likes this.
  4. kurt
    Blah

kurt Well-Known Member

I have 3BB FTTX @ 100Mbs and it rocks.. download blue rays in about 10 minutes.. :)

Kurt

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  5. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Every test ever run over the course of the last few years has yielded the grade F MINUS from speed test. Always got a chuckle out of that. Worse than F worldwide. Awesome.

Will second the bit about skepticism with speedtest mentioned by @Scratchy. Have read quite a bit on that and have bookmarks to some other methods that seems to be more generally accepted by the "experts". If anyone is interested, can and will dig em up when back at the lair.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  6. kurt
    Blah

kurt Well-Known Member

I will grab a speed test and post once I get home in a couple weeks. I am quite happy with mine but the price is a bit much.. We ditched True Vision which works out to about the same since I had the gold HD package.

Kurt

7. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Friend of mine, dropped his true TV package and now has only True internet Fiber and ILIKEHDTV, he can stream HDTV without problems so a TV package is now redundant. Ill be doing the same as soon a s I get a permanent address in Pattaya. I was previously paying for a True Platinum and internet package for over 3000bht.

8. kurt
    Blah

kurt Well-Known Member

I get the majority of my content from IPTorrents but have had a look at the ILIKEHDTV offerings and it seems quite nice..

9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

@Mack that sounds interesting. I have True Vision which I might use once per week for 10min. Completely useless, I can't stand the tv shows and all the advertising.

Since now I understood I have a good connection, ILIKEHDTV appears to be quite good. Can you go on internet and watch live info or is it like a Netflix thing ?

10. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Not to sure about ilikehdtv but I don't watch a lot of TV and I would be happy with the basic UK tv and occasional topup for a sports event. As the internet fiber would cost under 1000bht it gives me a lot of pay as you go before I get to the prices I used to pay. The added advantage is I only pay form the True fiber all year and the TV only when Im home.

Tibo likes this.
  11. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I see. I found this "review" from a well-known Thai Expats, it explains what is ILIKEHDTV and why True Vision isn't worth it in comparison : ILIKEHDTV Review

Guess I'll be saying my bye bye to True Vision soon :)

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Blasphemy...could never give up the sports. ;)
    When I turn on the TV, don't want to have to f**k with downloads, torrents, etc.
    Just want to be entertained. :D

Tibo likes this.
  13. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Hahaha, blasphemy indeed ^^

Neither sports nor tv shows entertain me though. Only some movies and I'd rather like to have them on demand. But I am mostly looking for documentaries and news channel (real ones, not CNN and Co..)

So my average True Vision package isn't worth it. Or should I go for a better one with much more channels, I am not sure.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Tr3v0r
    Hungover

Tr3v0r Bangkok Vapers Owner

God damn I'm getting ripped off. I have true 16mbps up (shitty adsl, nothing better in my building), paying 1400 baht. Where the hell did I go wrong

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

I don't know that I can be much help but we have TOT Fiber and are super happy with it. Also run StrongVPN to get netflix out here.