1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Any updated information on flying into Thailand?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Kitimon, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Kitimon

Kitimon Thread Starter Member

Hi guys, I'm flying into Thailand in X months and just wanted to know if there have been any new developments regarding flying into Suvarnabhumi with some personal vape gear.

I've done it before a few times with no problems, but this was 1-2 years ago and I started getting worried after reading that Suvarnabhumi would be installing additional x-ray machines and implementing more stringent checks in an effort to crack down on people flying in with undeclared goods. I understand that while their main concern is to check for people who buy brand name products and re-sell in Thailand, I'm worried that if I were to be randomly checked they would find and confiscate the vapes.

Here comes the question: would it be best to keep my mods and atomizers in my pockets, carry-on, or checked luggage? If I remember correctly if you went into the green lane and were randomly chosen for a customs check they only asked you to put your checked luggage through the x-ray machine and there was no metal detector to pass through. Has this changed at all? Has this set up/procedure changed since a year ago?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Swampy is the same as it ever was...they appear to be a bit more vigilant the recent times I've entered (in/out ~7 times this year). If you come through the green channel, stay to the outside (there are usually 2 lines of people) and don't make eye contract. I put my mods mainly in my checked luggage (no batteries) or in my pocket. There are no metal detectors on arrival.

This topic is always being discussed on here...check the Noobs section and/or try the search engine to find more threads.
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict likes this.
  3. Kitimon

Kitimon Thread Starter Member

Thanks for the information. If there are no metal detectors then it looks like I'll have my juice in my checked luggage, some disassembled atomizers in my carry on and my mod in my pocket. Btw, do you know if they make you put your hand luggage into the x-ray machine too?
    Sorry if it's a lot of questions, I've done this before but have been getting a bit more paranoid lately and don't feel like gifting my e-cigs to a lucky customs official.

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I don't, sorry...if you want to beat the long immigration queues, try one of the meet-n-greet services available at Swampy...they'll meet your plane, walk you through fast track immigration and customs (get the porter service) and deliver you curbside to your transport for about $30. ;)

debatedude and Konvict like this.
  5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I have done the same, I just arrive 10 days ago from europe.
    I got a " super flash light" mech and a lot of batteries including GPS etc...in my carry on.
    arriving in swampy they x ray my checked luggage, I god juice in a vodka bottle, disassembled mod and atomizer, vine (more than one bottle). lucky or not ( they're maybe to busy? they doesn't care?) , nothing wrong happens to me.

debatedude, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.