1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Any 'Gamers' out there?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Rick O-Shea, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I haven't played the Veronica but I played RE5 and loved it even more than the 4. It was a good change of atmosphere, I found that the African level design was great, I remember going up the city chasing the mercs. I also think they improved the TPS close cam style compared to the 4th episode. It wasn't scary at all, a complete turn in the saga but the gameplay was strong and enjoyable IMO.

And they had the coop, alleluia !

Pneumatic Punk and Loki like this.
  2. Loki
    No Mood

Loki Trickster. Vaper. Bringer of Ragnarök

Tibo.. you genius!!

I can not wait to kill and own anybody that supports the rebels or Light ferries with blue glowing pixie sticks!

I want to rekt somebody as Vader, so bad lol. Luke if I am randomly matched as a hero
    **Updated**
    Yea the mechanics for 5 were very different, you are right it went in more of action game direction, never got a chance to Co op before. Regarding re4 I'm a Leon hater, yes I am lol.

I played 6 enjoying it as a action game with Jared, (because of who's son he is) there is something about punching and suplexing the infected I find entertaining for a change, rather than standard shoot em up all the time, which I do love though

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Playing games on PC exclusively, I have a PS3 but it is long dead....

4. Loki
    No Mood

Ah I see. I was going to say if it was for PS4 and you were not happy with it I would have pm

What did you not like about fallout 4? I have not played it yet.

5. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

I think it retains too many of the problems Bethesda games have, the story is quite bland frankly.

Loki likes this.
  6. Loki
    No Mood

Okay, Thanks for sharing. I will check it out in a couple weeks.

7. Pneumatic Punk
    Happy

Pneumatic Punk Not actually a punk

You've sparked memories not long ago of the games release and couch co-oping sessions with friends back home.
    My thoughts are pretty much aligned to yours in terms of RE5. I want to add more to your post, but you've covered the bases about environment/atmosphere, improvements, and drawback(not really a horror game).

Loki and Tibo like this.
  8. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

Best horror games so far for me : Dead Space 1 and 2 and Silent Hill 3, Alien Isolation seems great too but did not play it.

Loki and Tibo like this.
  9. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

I remember FEAR and Prey being rather intense. I only played them in the dark.

Loki and Tibo like this.
  10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Holu molly, I was super scare at Resident Evil 1 because I was a kid. But I played Dead Space when I was an adult and I could only play in the morning with people around me ^^ It is hands down the most stressful game ever.

My list would be :
    1. Dead Space
    2. Outlast
    3. Resident Evil 1
    4. Silent Hill 1

Loki and Pneumatic Punk like this.
  11. Loki
    No Mood

Ahhh Silent Hill has Been mentioned I see.

I have spent endless hours drawing and sketching pyramid head, when I was younger. 1 and 2 definitely classic for me after that it was origins on PSP! Still remember jumping late at night with head phones on playing it.

Loved Dead Space! I was sold on the slogan alone " help is not coming" Did anybody catch that the first letter of the first word for each chapter you played was a clue?
    N I C O L E I S D E A D ( no, I didn't I find out until after I beaten it) It was very different type of game at that time, you actually had to disable and dismember your enemies, not the simple head shot we were always trained to do in other horror games. Yes, I also played in the morning! I loved all 3 dead space titles.

Has anybody ever played Clive Barker's Jericho?
    Very compelling story and unique at that, I really enjoyed that horror / action fps. A Special Tactical Unit where each member specializes in a s[specific and unique area of the supernatural. I love this game.

Thanks Rick for bringing up Fear.. Memories are coming back now, I every time I blink I see her..

Resident evil nemesis is one of the best for me. Nothing like being chased by nemesis wielding a rocket launcher... I remember a the first time he could go through doors.. I thought I was safe by leaving the room... I was not

@Tibo Oulast! thanks for the reminder
    Only seen trailers and heard about it...My god that reminds me I never played it!
    Thanks, going to dl it. Then going to go buy some diapers before for when I play it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Tibo likes this.
  12. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

OMG!!1 SPOILER ALERT!!
    :computer_2:

I literally have that trilogy in a pile of "to play" games. Now I'm going to have to put it at the bottom for like another few years until I forget the part I couldn't even bring myself to quote.

Been playing since the days of LAN games of Doom, NFS Special Edition, Duke Nukem 3D. Stopped for a long while.

I have convinced the wife to let me play games again, so am now playing with a Xbox One controller on a gaming laptop. Huge Steam collection (those bloody sales, man) of unplayed games. I think Valve have made Steam into a game, whereby idiots like me end up collecting Games. "Gotta catch 'em all!" Had a 3DS, the 3DS effect messed with my eyes; stopped using it. Just tested the new 3DS XL and was like 'woah!', they have totally fixed the finicky 3d effect. Bought it instantly. Playing Fire Emblem Awakening on it now, it's a cool turn based strategy game, but the cut scene chapter story line thing is drawn out and boring.

Most life-ruining RPG: Elder Scrolls Morrowind.
    Favouritest pew-pew game ever, Modern Warfare 2 on PS3. Oh my days.
    Scariest game. Alien v Predator. I was young. It was late. I shat bricks.
    Most engrossing game, Resident Evil 4 on Wii. I played the whole game standing up in my lounge, pointing and pistol whipping the "gun," then running by shaking my hands. Legit next-level gaming. For me it was a total sneak peek into how engrossing VR will be. When I say next-gen, I don't mean better graphics. Anyone in this thread who played Goldeneye and MarioKart (SNES, yeah buddy!) can attest to gaming being less about graphics than people think. Not just sitting down, but standing and moving your body; that's exactly why you stand up when shit gets intense, you want to move your body and engage that flight-or-fight response.

Currently playing Fallout 4 on the lappy. Played FO:3, New Vegas, and it feels more linear than those games. Only 12 hrs in so far; we'll see in another 50. lol

Have Star Wars Battlefront installed; too scared to run the application. :peep:

Loki likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I'm lost...bet I'm not the only one. ;)

:hungry::hungry:

Loki likes this.
  14. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

FALLOUT 4! Nuke all the synth, kill everybody! Woot woot!

Boomshakalaka

Loki likes this.
  15. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

Sadly did not enjoy Fallout 4 as much as I though, found it too narrow and the problems from previous titles are still present....

Had a blast on Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and currently having fun on Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

Next on the list will probably be the new Tomb Raider :)

Yong likes this.