1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Altus coiless atomizer tank

Discussion in 'Youtube Vaping Videos' started by -V-, Jan 10, 2016.

1. peter-k
    Fine

peter-k Well-Known Member

... if I can get hands on it, I will.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

It has a coil (so not really coilless) but it's covered by the plate
    Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 10.45.59.png

A bit like them vaping donuts that never took off...:wink:

Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 10.48.44.png Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 10.49.14.png Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 10.49.31.png

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. jon
    Mellow

jon Well-Known Member

It's very interesting. I registered on a site that were developing some similar a year ago or something. But I lost interest since it looked like the project stalled for some reasons.
    But if I could get my hands on this I would buy and try for sure.

4. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Big difference with the donuts seems to be the temperature but I might be wrong.... From what I understood the donuts dlivered a very hot vape.

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Juice is probably not going to be scorching if you use TC with common wire types and not at or near max temp setting (I had some instances of juice scorching pre-TC vaping but never since). I don't see how, at any equal temp, this will lessen heat impact on juice compared to standard TC coils.

Unless you have a bad mod, completely messed up your build, or your wicks are about bone dry, they are not going to burn using TC. Heck, there's a good number of TC mods that barely scorch a dry wick even at 500+ F.

Not saying it's not worth a try! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. peter-k
    Fine

Most chemicals used to compose flavours have evaporation points in between 70 - 160 C. The lower the temp the flavour is exposed to, the higher the strength and quality of (remaining) taste. As an example from other application for bakery we make special flavours using ingredients of high evaporation points. Did you notice he said you will be surprised how less juice you will use? Here we find the reason.

You bascially summarized why TC is good for taste. But even the best coil and wick will still have heat that's actually too high. TC enables controlling the issue to a certain extend, but you still won't get a good vape from 180 - 200 C by using coils.

While I certainly don't know anything much about the heater used inside the Altus, it seems to be a coil element that is coated by an anorganic material which protects the coil and distributes the heat evenly onto that chip, providing a bigger heat exchange surface and much lesser chance for oxydation and / or forming undesirable molecules. From a flavour perspective to me that's the step into the right direction. What the guy there is saying in the video makes sense to me. And from a safety persepctive, it seems it's better too.

I do work in the flavour industry.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Axel, Neilly and lordofthedread like this.
  7. Scratchy
    Lurking

I forget. Did he actually run his setup at 180-200 C? I am a little skeptical it will provide the amount of vapor many desire at such a low temp. Would be nice if it somehow could. Also, I like a warmish vape and at those temps, regardless of whether the flavor is technically superior from some chemical composition or qualities standpoint, I am not going to like the vape of it lacks some warmth and decently thick vapor. I want volume of warmish vapor.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

I would think the best would be a coil encased in ceramic encased in a food grade heat sink. There will be some sort of losses but it should keep to a minimum. The heat sink should allow the heat to dissipate evenly allowing temps to be much more consistent across the surface area. The temp on the device however will be measuring the coil rather than the surface touching the eliquid so numbers would have to be adjusted up accordingly.

Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.
  9. Scratchy
    Lurking

That would make sense. Guess they would have to provide some scale conversion of temp setting vs actual so one can set correctly. I still doubt I would like a vape at 180-200 C actual but keeping an open mind if this thing can actually do something special with its vape vs traditional TC wire coils

The Rev and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

11. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

First look vid from Vapor Trail Channel

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. BKKPOO

BKKPOO Well-Known Member

13. peter-k
    Fine

clever guy, make the people come back

14. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Thank you for the voices of reason. No way can I afford one, but, but...
    Then I remembered paying around the same for a pair of sandals from a well known US company a few months ago, based on two reviews on their site from people with vascular problems in their feet that the sandals "helped greatly". No
    "Thailand Footwear Forum" to drag me back from the edge.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

After seeing a couple of first looks on this tank, it's not looking good so far. 3 reviewers in the US have posted live first looks on YouTube. Granted these are only first looks and things may change.