1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Added another Skin

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Site Feedback and Help' started by -V-, Oct 12, 2014.

?

Which of the s Skins do you like?

1. Thailand Vapers

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Thailand Vapers 2

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Not much choice at the moment...it's a company machine and they control the software. Am on it all day for work...I'll muddle through until they get around to giving us a newer browser.

3. -V-
    Cool

So do you see the differences in my screen shots over yours?
    Tested with Chrome, FF and Safari

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I do see the difference...strangely enough, the dark skin seems to work the best right now on IE8...will fire off an email to the regional IS head to see if there's anything in the pipeline. Last message I had was that they had compatibility issues with IE10 so we were stuck with IE8 for the duration. Even with the dark skin, 'partial quote' doesn't work at all.

The other thing that's still happening is that irrepective of where my cursor is, when I click to insert a smiley, it always goes in at the very beginning of the post...not where my cursor is located...cut/paste workaround is no problem, though. Sometimes it's just easier to type the code for the smiley!
    :very good:

5. PattsVaper
    Lurking

PattsVaper Thailand Vapers Member

Just goes to show . . . . different strokes for different blokes.

I don't like the blue outline, makes it look too busy and harder on the eyes.
    I like the TV1 in this respect because it has an expansive, cleaner appearance although it would look even better if it had the added whiteness like TV2.
    I do prefer the Top Navigation menu of the TV2. Mix/match maybe? :chinrub:

6. -V-
    Cool

Mixing and matching not easy mate..

I've been playing all day with a few things, and what I have now noticed is the TV 1 skin isn't easy to do things with, as in with extra stuff added and alterations.
    The TV 2 is fine with this

There are more things I want to add over time, and it looks like the Thailand Vapers skin won't be good for this
    I might have to ditch it and go with the Thailand Vapers 2 as th main skin
    As the things I will do will mess up the TV skin too much and it's a global kind of thing so it affects all skins installed

Let me see first though....

7. DirtRider
    Amused

DirtRider Member

All three of them are actually very nice but I prefer the dark on for myself

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Firefox installed...all's right with the world (and the display of this site) again!

This works, too!!