1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

About ohms?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by jules, Apr 16, 2014.

1. jules

jules Thread Starter New Member

I got a Prometheus clone by Hcigar and I'm learning how to build coils. I haven't built a dual coil yet, but my single coil works fine most of the time. I am using 28 gauge kanthal and 400 ss mesh. I am not getting any bad flavour or anything, but when I do my build the ohms come out at anywhere between .8 to 1.2. After I vape for a few hours I check the ohm and they jump up in .1 increments and sometimes just go in one shot to like 8.5ohms. I screw it onto my MVP and I'll check the ohms and it will say 3.4 then without even taking a hit I'll recheck it and it will say 5.4. I take it off and put it on my svd and all the ohm readings just keep jumping all over the place. If I screw it onto my stingray and vape it it vapes great but the ohms always read crazy numbers. What am I doing wrong with my build? Can it be the actual atomizer that is no good? It is confusing me...lol

2. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

What are you using as your OHM reader? If you are using a mod as a ohm reader, the reader could be inaccurate. I know that the Vamo (V2) which I have (and don't really use any more) has fluctuating resistance readings, and is notorious for giving inaccurate results.

3. jules

I ordered a legit ohm meter, but I am still waiting for it. Now I am reading the ohms on my mvp2.0 and on my svd. The svd has to be one of the devices I hate the most..

4. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Yeah, that's probably a big part of the problem. For really accurate results you need a multimeter or dedicated ohm reader. Been meaning to pick up a legit multimeter. The way I am doing it now is reading the ohms from the Vamo and guesstimating it is in the range I want.

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

First thing first, make sure all your screws are tight, and that your 510 connection is making good contact. Jumping all around like that is usually a post that isn't tightened down enough.

6. jules

Ryan you are the man!!! Thank you so much!!! I was worried about tightening the center post to much but I just did it a little more and it went straight back to the .8 ohms that I had originally built. Cheers