1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

1.2 Ohm coil for Crown Tank: no flavor, no cloud???

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Axel, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Axel

Axel Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi,

When I wish to vape easy, I love my Uwell Crown tank with SS316 0.5 Ohm coil in TC... so much that I am not using anymore my Kanger clearos, but bought an additional crown instead!

Nevertheless, the 0.5 Ohm coils are out of stock presently in our local Thai vendors shops, so gave a test to the 1.2 Ohm... Not the same story!

I have almost no flavour and no vapour, even shifted to power mode up to 4.5 Volts

So, wondering now if I was so unlucky to get a bad batch of coils, or if you guys already experienced the same ?

PS. I have not posted on the forum for a long period when working at sea, so I am up for the lost time

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

no experience with the SS316 coils for the uwell ... but if you are badly in need i can sent you one Ni200 0.15 Ohm Uwell Crown Coil, i have only 2 left myself .. but they last for me very long so i will gladly help you out in a emergency like this.

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  3. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Hi @Axel

The Crown is my go to tank...

However, the stock coils can be hit and miss....

So I bought the Crown RBA deck, and make my own coils, so much easier, and also
    if living in Thailand , sometimes not easy to buy the heads..

4. Axel

Oh! Thank you so much Oil ! But it is OK, I also have the RBA and just like Weaver said, this small thing is working good! The fact is I am sometimes a little lazy

Anyway, my problem is now solved with the 1.2 Ohm coils: I have increased the power again, up to 5V (much higher than usual for me) and it is better... also, I have almost closed the airflow and this vape is more like MTL kind, unusual for me too, but not bad on evening time finally

oil and Konvict like this.
  5. Chodi

Chodi Well-Known Member

I love the Crown tank I own two. I have used both the .5 and the 1.2. The 1.2 is more for MTL vaping. I have no problem with flavor when using it but it certainly is not going to blow huge clouds. You are probably trying to put too much airflow through it to get more vapor. That will kill the flavor on that coil. Close down your airflow and use it for MTL and you will get full flavor.

Axel and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. DIY Flavorz

DIY Flavorz Active Member

I use 0.25 and 0.5 coils. I never seem to get more than 4-5 days out of these coils before getting burnt hits. Sometimes I get only 2 days and yes I have read all the info online about poking holes with needles and not closing the top cap tightly. If i close the top cap tightly then I get burnt hits everytime unless it is a brand new coil. I have changed the o-rings as well as even ordering a brand new tank and nothing changed for me except the new tank is lightly better overall.

7. Axel

How much power are you using on the 0.5 coil ? It is 2 weeks use for me before burn taste, and I am chain vaping, 3 tanks per day. Not using the 0.25, too much juice consumption for my wallet

8. DIY Flavorz

DIY Flavorz Active Member

I used to use the crown regularly at 70-75W and get about 6-10 days from 1 coil and I was happy with that. Now I vape at 50-55W cos the coils die so fast. Yesterday I read about instead of loosening the top fill cap to instead loosen the glass at the bottom. I have been experimenting with that since yesterday although that is with a NI200 coil that i forgot was in the box I got with my new tank. Something definitely changed with the coils since a long time ago unless FT has been stocking fakes. The NI200 coil is good and I reckon I might get much longer life out of these but has muted flavor compared to 0.25 or 0.5 coils and this is why this only the 2nd one I've put in my tank.

The loosening the glass thingy is something that people with original crown and crown 2 says works very well. You can loosen the glass at the bottom a ton and it wont leak. You will see bubbles starting to come up when you loosen it whereas if you loosen the top fill cap too much and leave it it will leak eventually.

Poking holes with a needle works but only for a day or 2 extra at max. Loosening the glass is much more effective but when you start getting burnt hits even with loosened glass then that really is game over.

FWIW this is not a new issue. I've had this problem for nearly the whole year and have tried everything. I bought a Herakles Sense Plus to try and replace it but it doesn't compare to the Crown IMO. I am waiting for delivery of a Smok TFV4 and hope that might be the game changer. I dont mind about juice consumption too much because i DIY everything and it results in juice costing about 40-90thb p/30ml. The TFV8 does not seem suitable as I chase flavor rather than clouds.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  9. Axel

I have not seen a such change, but yes, I do see a difference between my old coils and the newest coils I bought... Strange indeed!

DIY Flavorz likes this.