1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

£35 bribe paid at Phuket airport!

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by deadfred197, May 6, 2017.

1. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Agree mate..

Couldve been much much worse..

deadfred197 and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. deadfred197
    Grumpy

deadfred197 Thread Starter Member

Hi All, thanks for your replies. The stealth mod was in my pocket and went through scanners at LHR, no problems. This is an eleaf istick 30w. The box mod, minus the battery, was in checked luggage with my juice and the tank with spare glass tubes and coils in another part of luggage. Apologies, I can't remember the name of mod, writing has worn off but costs £45 in the UK is about 1 inch wide and about 3.5 inches tall.
    **Updated**
    Just checked my retailers website. It's a Joyetech eVic VTC single battery, not dual.

moonoy93 and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

@deadfred197

You've just been damned unlucky mate..

Dont let the b***ards get you down, enjoy the rest of your holiday, & stealth vape..

deadfred197 and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. deadfred197
    Grumpy

Thanks Weaver. One thing I didn't mention and I don't know if it has been said on this forum before but as we exited customs at Phuket where I got done at the scanners they actually have large flipboards showing a hookah pipe and a vape unit stating it is illegal to import/use these items in Thailand. So there is an active push to catch passengers with gear

5. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

Crazy how different areas have different agendas, In Samui airport check in, they have the pictures for what you cannot carry on and what you cannot check in. And it clearly shows a pen style vape device and state that (correct as of one week ago anyway) electronic cigarettes must not be put into checked luggage and should be in carry on only.

Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  6. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

This crap is why i left Thailand for the Philippines. Damn i miss the LOS but Philippines gives not 3 bags of shit if you vape. Hell i was in a taxi last night asked the cabbie if i could smoke he said "vape ok cigarette no sir"... Nice :)

Konvict, Jazz2017 and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

@deadfred197

If you are worried, an idea maybe, to sell your gear on this forum, before you leave......

Maybe somebody who lives locally on this forum, might buy it, you pocket the money
    and buy new gear when you land in UK... thus eliminating the worry.....
    **Updated**
    Maybe.. their thinking is, ALL Ecigarettes have built-in batteries (we know they don't)
    so batteries should not be placed in the hold, but used in carry-on luggage only, which is correct.

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Leaving isn't an issue...just comply with airline requirements for transporting e-cigs & batteries and you'll be fine. As mentioned before, the security staff when you exit the country does not work for TH Customs so they could care less what you're taking out of the country as long as it's safe for transport on the airplane. Pack all your unused juice, etc., in your checked luggage (since you have to transit Doha again) and only carry the spare batts & your stealth mod on the plane. ;)

deadfred197, Konvict and moonoy93 like this.
  9. deadfred197
    Grumpy

Thanks Siam, your last quote is what I was looking for. Juice in checked luggage and stealth/batts in carry on. Would you recommend tanks coils and removable battery mod in checked luggage?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yes, that was the "etc." part... ;)

Konvict likes this.
  11. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Just don't let go of the fact that items in checked bags can be removed without your knowledge. Thus eliminating even the chance of negotiation or making other arrangements.

It seems that the pattern is: vape gear is in a gray area so now is the perfect time to latch onto any items we see and plausibly exploit the uncertainty by extortion, theft or both. Gotta love opportunistic amoral humans in privileged positions... they serve the dark side well.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yes...that's why I plastic wrap my bags when I travel. Sure, they can remove it if they're so inclined, but human nature being what it is, they'll probably move on to the next bag. :)

Konvict likes this.
  13. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

I had a guy tell me all is fine no problems he has just come back from pattaya and "so he claims" he was vaping in hooters no worries ,my biggest concern is entering bkk i was going to bring two tanks a pico and 120ml of juice for a month .last time i just looked at the guy on the red side he looked at me and i walked out into the arrivals hall .

14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

It's the secondary x-ray scanners on the green side that you have to be wary of...come through with a group of people, don't make eye contact & just keep going. ;)

chris snell and Konvict like this.
  15. ninja899

ninja899 Well-Known Member

I vaped in Hooters last week....but I was stealthy about it.

I've heard of a couple of cases of folk getting done on beach road for vaping.

You've just got to be sensible and discreet

chris snell likes this.