1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

£35 bribe paid at Phuket airport!

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by deadfred197, May 6, 2017.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

So between carry on luggage and checked luggage probably best to have vape gear and juices broken down into your carry on/hand luggage then?

2. deadfred197
    Grumpy

deadfred197 Thread Starter Member

Is that because the scanners don't work on carry on or on the person? I always carried my juice but chose not to this time because of Thai laws.

3. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Seeing as how the world seems to follow the United States in so many ways, it would not be surprising if other counties started looting mods from checked bags too.

One thing is for certain, this vaper will not be checking any hollow cylindrical metal objects again for the forseeable future.

So then that leaves you with just 2 options: carry your gear or leave it home.

Actually the OP has the option to SHIP THE GEAR BACK HOME. Might cost a bit but unless UK is confiscating gear from mail now, it might be the safest way to go.

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

TPD hits the UK on the 22nd May and got a feeling they'll start to be more stricter on what's coming in.
    10 ml bottles max size allowed in with any amount of nic in them, so looks like my 100 ml bottles from GLV will be a gamble to order and get in now....it's gonna be just like being back in Thailand again :rolling laugh:

deadfred197 likes this.
  5. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Meanwhile, in a more rational alternate universe there is an authoritive body of legislators that follows and restricts the personal choices of those who have attempted to disingenuously manipulate their stations for self deluded or personally profitable purposes....

6. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

For hold-baggage put the juice in a clean shampoo bottle or similar. I use mouthwash bottles and then wrapped in a clear plastic bag with an elastic band round the to top avoid leakage. Keep in a washing bag with other items if possible. Travel all the time and never has e-juice problems yet.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Unless you need your favourite juice from home, you can always order from vendors on TV, and have it delivered to your hotel.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. deadfred197
    Grumpy

I don't think it was the juice they spotted, it was the battery mod. The guy said to me you have electronic cigarette in your bag, which was true so no point denying it. He didn't even open my bag, took me to a room with no others and offered his opt out clause, I paid and he walked me back past his mate on the scanner advising me it was ok to vape on resort but be careful out on the street!!

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Did it have a battery in it at that time?

Konvict likes this.
  10. deadfred197
    Grumpy

No Siam. The three 18650 were put in my camera bag and the camera bag inside my hold bag with a variety of electronic devices including tablet, kindle, usb cables and chargers.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

So the batteries were in your carry-on...was the mod they "saw" a tube mod or a box mod? I'm trying to figure out how they "saw" (and knew) one mod in all the other stuff we put into our checked luggage. A tube mod is pretty distinctive...a box mod less so (and could be passed off as an 'empty' power bank).

Konvict likes this.
  12. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but it could be the Ileaf with the built-in battery
    has been the issue here....

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I'm thinking that was the 'stealth' mod he had in his pocket...let's see. It's mystifying that with all the stuff we carry, they could take a look and 'see' one mod...a tube...maybe.

14. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Right... would be interesting to know, the type of mod in his checked luggage..

The new 'Zippo' or the mods which can be used as powerbanks, looks like the way to go
    in future..

Unfortunately for the OP, feel for the guy..

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I do, too...but it was a small sum (as tea money goes) and he got to keep his mods. It could have been much, much worse. :)

moonoy93 likes this.