1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Your portable, "travel" vaping gear?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Submaniac, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Thread Starter Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Thought I would throw this out to share the equipment that I use when "on the go" and to see what other people's ideas are. So since I am starting this,

For the mod I use for traveling it is the APV Atom clone, which is available on fasttech here: $15.53 Atom Style Telescopic Mechanical Mod - 1*18350/18500/18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I also have an original Atom, but don't like taking out originals out of the house. I actually got the original after first buying the FT clone and being inpressed with it. What I like about the atom is that it is SMALL, and is telescoping. As many of you know I collect genuine Atmomixani Nemesises, but the problem with those is you have extra tube sections lying about. When I am on the go, I use an 18350 for its small size, and with the Atom, if my battery runs low I can swap out to a 18650 by unscrewing the body tube.

For the tank, I am using a FT FKL clone, with the nano kit for smallest size. I also use the metal instead of plastic window. For a travel piece I would prefer all metal to avoid any potential for leakage--so it's all about durability. I also added the replacement top cap, just because it looked better: $2.45 Replacement Top Cap for 22mm Kayfun Lite / Kayfun v3.1 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

[​IMG][/url]image by [/IMG]

For carrying, I use a fasttech flashlight holster.
    https://www.fasttech.com/p/1762902

This one will fit my mod, and has an extra compartment on the side for battery or juice bottle, plus a loop to hook to attach a D ring and carry on a belt loop.

I usually carry the mod to my belt loop for going about. I also used a cell phone case I picked up at the 99 cent store to store 5 18350 batteries, an extra KF tank, and a bottle of juice. I usually leave this in the car or at the desk, or wherever just in case I need it.

[​IMG]image by [/IMG]

here is how it looks with mod inside holster
    [​IMG]
    image by [/IMG]

This is what everything looks like when put into place

[​IMG]
    image by [/IMG]

and this is why I like the atom, so that if my 18350 is drained I can swap in an 18650.
    [​IMG]
    image by [/IMG]

2. pierrev

pierrev Well-Known Member

Very snazzy....

I really like the holster bag holding the juice and extra batteries. Where did you find it ?

3. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Thread Starter Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

$2.31 Nylon Holster for 1*18650 LED Flashlight - 14cm*3.3cm / w/ battery compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $2.31 off of fasttech

The other holder is actually a cell phone holder (old one). I picked it up at the 99 cent store. It has a magnet in it to keep it closed.

4. pierrev

pierrev Well-Known Member

Aha - old cellpohone holster - very clever and I never thought of that.

Another very practical holder for travelling is to use a toiletries bag.

1920s-leather-mens-toiletry-bag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  5. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

For out and about around town I have an old case logic hard drive case I use:
    DSC07354.JPG
    DSC07352.JPG

For traveling up country or out of the country I use an old Otter box cigar caddy:
    DSC07350.JPG
    DSC07348.JPG

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I got this case from Pink Mule: Elegant Black Carrying Case.
    One of the most useful things I've purchased...lots of pockets...it goes everywhere with me. When I travel out of the country, e-liquid & tanks go into the toiletries kit.

resized IMG_0481.JPG

7. fridgemagnet

fridgemagnet Chiang Mai Vaper

IMG_0473_zps7572cdb8.jpg tube-sheath5.jpg I take the MISTer outdoors - with the juice control screwed down, it's leakproof, and it's so solidly built it can take loads of abuse. Nothing stealth about this baby. Use the ss tank, not the plastic one.
    Carriage courtesy of Maxpedition.

8. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Using very similar case which was included in my very first and basic eGo vaping kit, and all juice bottles are going into the toiletries bag as well.