1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

What is you favorite RTA/RBA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by JohnKalasin, Feb 17, 2016.

1. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I Got 2 Subtank minis v2? I love the RBA deck on this tank.. I found my sweet spot to be at 6 spaced wraps at 0.7r.. 40watts. Could press it to 45, but not for chain vaping..
    Better flavor and more vape the the original OCC... IMO

Also got the OBS Crius V3.. Flavor is better then the subtank, and bigger clouds...
    8 spaced wraps 0.29r 50 watts is my sweet spot on this one... Could got to 60, but no chain vaping..

This is day number 6 without any cigarettes, tomorrow I'm going to celebrate it with a new order from Big
    And order some juice from Mcjuice.

Dieter., a_spirit, Scratchy and 2 others like this.
  2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Gotta be the Aromamizer for me, easiest tank I have had to build and wicks like a dripper. Deck is a little small, they say you can't put in claptons, but that's BS, as that is my preferred dual build on the velocity deck. The 3 post one doesn't ahve the holes big enough in the posts for claptons though so I have gone with a dual parallel. I was going to gat a Griffin to try but having seen that there are a few niggly problems with it, I will wait for a V2 if one comes out.

Airflow alignment is stupid on the Aromamizer but a quick quarter twist and it's sorted.

3. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

i've decided to upgrade to a disco fog machine, I'm bored with all this messing about with batteries and want a constant stream of delicious vape piped intravenously to my lungs :)
    **Updated**
    PS props on day 6, I'm somewhere around day 14, it does get easier ...

Dieter., Loki, a_spirit and 2 others like this.
  4. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

As I got rid of everything and only have a Hurricane and a Crius, they'd have to be my favourites.

Yong, Dieter., JohnKalasin and 4 others like this.
  5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Among actively used attys, the Aromamizer followed by the Hurricane for it's all around goodness (flavor, building and looks). Runners up would be the Cthulhu V2 and Griffin (despite its bad QC and issues with my copy).

Got me a Wotofo Serpent not long ago and that's been pretty impressive. Single coil with very nice flavor and smoothness but seems to drink the juice more than typical single coil RTAs. Need to try my daily-driver juice Deadly Sin in it sometime soon to get a real gauge on the flavor aspect.

Yong, Dieter., a_spirit and 4 others like this.
  6. BKKPOO

BKKPOO Well-Known Member

Only have 2 RTAs, both have Aromamizer etched on it. But seems like ppl either love it or hate it.

But now interested in the Serpent, Goblin mini v2 and Moonshot rta.

Yong, a_spirit, Siam Diesel and 2 others like this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Don't have many but I like the Hurricane, the Gem and the Taifun GT2 (tootle puffer flavor tanks)! :p

Yong, Dieter., v 4 vendetta and 4 others like this.
  8. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

Stay away from Goblin min v2, they will release a v3 in mars...

My favorites that i use daily is: Goblin mini v1, Griffin and Uwell Crown, they are all filled up and on a mod and near me :D

9. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

For pure simplicity, removable RBA that allows me to make multiple coils to carry with me and generally bullet proof operation, the Kanger Subtank Mini. The Taifun GT II is up there with the Subtank as it gives a fabulous vape, but it is a little prone to leaking at times through the air holes. And on mine, the 510 screw is loose and depending on where it is screwed out to, the resistance can vary.

Dieter., Siam Diesel and a_spirit like this.
  10. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

I have two subtanks and the resistance jumped like crazy on one of them after some leaking. After some reading, I read, that the airflowbase piece needed to be separated for cleaning do to leaking on the inside of the 510 pin connector..Broke one of my airflowbases trying to open it. So I ordered a new one. Been waiting for it for over a month..So now I only have one that works. But having some issues with also, the RBA coil ned to be screwd really tight down to maintain the same resistance.. Can jump from 0.6-1.8
    Think this is a well known issue?(Air Flow Control Valve Base) See picture

2952100-3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Lemo 1 and 2, Kayfun V4, there the ones I have in use each day and they work great. Lemo 2 is my on the move tank as its very easy to fill, even when driving.

Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  12. a_spirit
    Angelic

a_spirit Swedish n00b

Only problem i had with mine was the rubbergasket on my RBA deck had to be replaced...

Loki and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. dl12345

dl12345 Well-Known Member

I've had these problems too. The reason you had so much difficulty disassembling the base is because Kanger use an unnecessary amount of Loctite red on the thread.

Soak overnight in isopropyl alcohol. Then clamp the bottom part in a vice. Make sure to use rubber protectors. Then use a blowtorch to heat the inside where the RBA screws in. This will release the Loctite. Have locking pliers handy. When you have heated the inside thread, clamp the locking pliers onto the small top post above the airflow ring and twist.

You can remove and clean the 510 connector without disassembling. Just use a 3mm drill bit to push it out from the inside. Clean it and the airflow base in hot water. This should fix your problems.

I have 5 RBA decks. One of them is marginally too short to make a connection. I put a dollop of solder on the bottom of the RBA post and filed it flat. Be careful not to heat it too much otherwise you will melt the nylon insulator on the post.

Siam Diesel and JohnKalasin like this.
  14. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

Only have one RTA, Griffin and there're many things about it that bugs the hell outta me but then I take a vape from it, my anger disappears and all is good again ... til the next time I have to fiddle with it.

For RBA, I just got Innokin iSub RBA kit for about two weeks. I expected to like it a lot prior to actually getting it since I really like the stock iSub coils but I can't seem to get the wicking right. I pretty much re-wick the thing everyday. So my favourite is probably Crown.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

Maybe this will help you if you haven't seen it already
    **Updated**
    Did a wile back but dident same same..
    Do you mean 5 RBA coils or 5 air flow control valve bases?
    I just ordered a new subtank from @Big by-pass 1000 THB now.. Love this tank

Anway i will try the method you explained, Thanks!

Siam Diesel and Jared S like this.