1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Vape over 5V ? Hello Cancer Risk ? :S

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Louis, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Louis
    Spaced

Louis Thread Starter Active Member

Hello Guys I came across some research on the web.

There are several science papers referenced which you can look through in the footer. Studies indicate that vaping propylene glycol, glycol or both over 5V creates formaldehyde in large quantities which as we know is one of many carcinogens present in cigarette smoke.

Feedback and comments in regards to health connotations of real ciggs and vaping are most welcome guys, Lets hear your thughts

MMS: Error

2. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I saw that the Danish TV station TV" was running a story once more on this topic, and it is just another scare campaign. The best link is this to the P.busardo website where he links to other informal websites of Dr Farsalinos and others.
    Taste Your Juice | “The Japanese Formaldehyde Fiasco”
    **Updated**
    Ok here the last 3 links. The formaldehyde that was measured was because they mistreated the tank or atty. If you vaped like that, you would vape on a burned coil, and the taste would be so terrible, that you simply would not continue to vape.

Louis likes this.
  3. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

This dosent make any sense, the volts has nothing to do with it, its about burning the juice(wick,coil,insulater,plastik) when using too much heat(power/watts) for the tank/juice being used, this can be done with 3v if the ohms is low and 9v can be safe if the ohms is high.

Louis likes this.
  4. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Yes mash that is correct, but the point is that the so called researchers mistreated the coil so much that it burned the wick coil or insulator in order to get the result they wanted. No vaper would ever do that, since the burning taste would stop him long before. Why do i always get server error, when i try to post something ?

Louis likes this.
  5. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

I agree, this test is made so badly...

Louis likes this.
  6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Was it with a 5 Ohm coil?

7. Louis
    Spaced

Louis Thread Starter Active Member

They don't even mention what Ohms

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

No, I believe this is an American Study, done in the same way. The Danish media was full of it and all over facebook, so I have been busy commenting on it all day.

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Hmmm, I'm pretty certain that the "MMS: Error" link in the OP above and in the "More Outrageous Lies" link both point to the same study in the New England Journal of Medicine...I would have moved those posts over here except that the OP here was made after them...

I do agree that the OP in the earlier thread was for a Japanese study...but that thread was updated this morning with a link to the same NEJM study as the OP here.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

12. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Sorry. Before I came on this forum, I was busy posting on Facebook, where the Danish TV2 had an similar article but based on an article from NBC News about a "Research" made by the Portland State University project leader was a engineer in Chemical James f Pankow. I thought that that maybe aslo was what Luis had seen, sorry bit confusing with all the negative false reports.

13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Cheers Dieter...no worries...I think we're violently agreeing that the Portland State Uni study is seriously flawed!

14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

15. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

This vaping have really shown how corrupt the politicians are no matter what country. Big tobacco is loosing money, so the try everything to give vaping a bad name.
    Also that second hand vaping is just as bad as second hand smoking, because then they can get some help from the ignorant public to hunt the vapers.

Siam Diesel, Dieter. and Louis like this.