1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Some new kit

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Pipcon, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Pipcon
    Cool

Pipcon Thread Starter Well-Known Member

A quick visit to Mr. Big today. Needed to spend.

Squape and Turtle Ship! A couple flat top batteries and Bob's your Aunty.

Turtle Ship really gives The Russian a kick in the pants.

:)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using some sort of magic hocus pocus

2. Banjo

Banjo Member

Looks really nice. Still waiting for my FT stuff to arrive but may have to get an RBA from BB in the meantime. i live 20 mins away from the shop but he'd just flogged his last Kayfun to Vapermorphs when i turned up last time.

How's the Squape? is it a clone? i saw it when i was down there last and it looked great.

3. Pipcon
    Cool

Yes it's a clone. Besides the tighter draw than I'm used to, it doesn't really seem to matter. You get used to it. It still has great flavor and full vapor. So quite happy so far.

Did a P Bursado build and works a treat!

:very good:

4. neilbla

neilbla New Member

They look good. Where is this shop Mr. Big?

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Big By-Pass's Shop Location

6. Panga

Panga idiot

Can't beat a dirty drip-tip on a beautiful vape photo :rolling laugh:

7. Pipcon
    Cool

I can see why people rave about the Squape. It puts out really strong flavor and great vapor production.

My first coil was 1.5 ohms. Very easy to set up. Easier than the Russian, in my opinion. Not so much fiddling around. And I am not getting any juice build up under the drip tip as I do with the Russian at present.

(still need to work that one out....):sad:

Many have talked about drilling out the air holes on the Squape to open up the draw a bit. I can understand that. And coming straight off a Russian, you really notice the difference.

But once you settle in with it, there is just pure, sweet vaping heaven.

How's this for a mix!! - Few mils of Butterscotch Yo, a couple mils of Deadly Sin and a mil of Melon Boba.....sweet vaping!

So - first Squape warning.......make sure your chimney is screwed in tight! Everyone talks about how good it is that you can leave your tank full, then take off the base so as to work on your build......yeah right......unscrewed the base and the chimney came off with it.......unscrewed itself from the top of the tank - 3mils of juice all over the desk....

:no:

Having said all that, the Russian still is a verrry pleasant vape but I can see the vape time being taken up by both these great tanks now.

I am also beginning to see why people prefer the mechanical mods. The Russian on the Turtle Ship really does get a noticeable boost in all ways - vapor production and flavor.

Just have to be careful until I get a kick I suppose. But then again, people have been using these things without kicks for years - haven't they? I'm running it on 18490 flat top purple Efests and at this stage I have no intention to sub ohm.

I think these batteries are ok.....yes? Better get back and find the battery thread. F@#K!

Too much paranoia I think.

Vape on!:vaping:

- - - Updated - - -

Ha ha, didn't notice that. Clean you lips Pipcon. Thanks for blowing that picture up so large Panga!!

:rolling laugh:

8. ryanmacl

You're fine with the purples, great batteries.

I have a Squape clone as well, but its currently out of commission so I haven't tried it yet. Freaking *******s anodized it after the threading, so no conductivity from the center pin to the positive post. It looks good, but I hate the idea of the airflow coming from the 510 connection. Same design as the Kayfun however, nothing really new here.

What mod were you using before the Turtle Ship?

9. Pipcon
    Cool

Was and am still using the Provari mini.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure.

10. ryanmacl

Kind of odd you find the Turtle Ship is hitting harder than your Provari with a 1.5 ohm coil. You're firing at around 10 watts, and the Provari should be able to go somewhere around 15 watts. I'm no fan of the Provari, but it should be pretty comparable within its range. Of course, I'm running my Storm-A on the copper Nemesis clone at around 57 watts, so obviously you have plenty of room to work with.

BTW, you can run those Efest purple 18500s down to .28 ohms safely, so you're fine. Just make sure you don't discharge them down past 3.3v. If you do, don't try charging them again, just toss them out.

11. Pipcon
    Cool

Well Ryan, I contemplated this for a while before answering, as I was wondering whether or not this was a 'perceived' or emotional, rather than actual difference.
    So, after almost overdosing on nicotine whilst performing the test, I have come to the conclusion that there is a bit of both happening here.

However, I still believe there is some type of difference in the way the power is being delivered by the mech and I get a somewhat (not very technical I know) fuller, richer vape with the mech.

But I suspect you understand, technically, exactly what is happening here!

The Provari is great, don't get me wrong. And I doubt whether the mech will replace it's versatility and convenience.
    The mech is really just one of those 'I need to try one of these things' impulse need-to-buy scenarios.

Now, need to go and find a device to measure my Efest battery level so as I don't go below 3.3v.

I wish this thing had a multiple color light display on it! :wink:

12. ryanmacl

The Provari uses 800hz PWM (Pulse Width Modulation). It would be like if you stacked two batteries on your mech and pressed the switch 800 times each second, and the duration of each one of those presses is varied to mimic your output voltage. Basically, it only puts out 6v, but turns it off and on fast enough that it simulates 3.7 or whatever you set it to. The Chinese stuff like the SVD only does this 33 times per second, or 33hz. I personally can tell the difference between pure voltage and 33hz PWM, but I honestly haven't tried putting 800hz head to head with pure voltage. I suppose I'll have to try that when my Vapor Shark comes. My Lernaia Zorba module outputs pure voltage, so I don't really get a difference between that and a mech, they pretty much taste the same within the Zorba's operating range. Theoretically, the DNA-20 or 30 should work better within the operating range than a Provari or a mech mod, because it samples the resistance of the atomizer (resistance changes as temperature changes) up to 10,000 times per second and adjusts the power accordingly.

Big By-pass has inline voltage meters for sale, but I don't think he has posted them on ThaiEVape yet.
    Volt Meter by Tobeco

13. Pipcon
    Cool

So I've tried to digest this (along with a chocolate biscuit I just ate also) and have concluded that you are saying either:

1. That it is possible that there could be a perceptible difference between a Provari and a Mech mod using a coil at @ 1.5 ohms, due to the simulated nature of the voltage

or

2. I am full of s@#t and the difference would be so infinitesimally miniscule that you would need to measure it with a super computer

:rolling laugh:

Not sure which but I am enjoying the discussion anyway.

Perception is (a) reality........

Thanks for that.

:very good:

14. Panga

Panga idiot

At the risk of taking this off topic: There are a couple of dna type things knocking around from China that I am interested to see how they turn out. If they are not just rehashed 33Hz chips then we could end up with some attractively priced 30W devices

1. YiHi's sx350 chip. 5-30w. They claim it to be flat output. . There are some things that are crappy like the gravity control etc but some things that look better than the dna30. They were whoring it on FT a while back quoting c$30/chip.

Video they put up testing it:
    Video of YiHi SX350 30W 0.2ohm DC to DC rise voltdrop volt Test Yihiecigar - YouTube

2. The fake dna devices that Vapor Joes has 'seen'. I know this is a DNA20 but if this turns out good I'd expect the 30w to follow pretty fast?

------

I have been looking at getting a dna30for a while. I cancelled my order for a copper mod dna30 because the guy kept putting back the dates. VaporShark shipping was ridiculous (nearly $100). legadget in Malaysia say they will be getting the Hanamodz dna30 'in a week' but I figure it will sell out very fast indeed. Cost of any of these 3 delivered would be about the same. And tbh I may be a bit too poor/tight to spend that.

15. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

this is what he is saying, personally i cant feel the difference but I know Ryan hates the 33pwm.