1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

opinions

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Longtail1, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

Hate to ask this but I have paid no attention to RTA advances for a long time.

Looking for an RTA with the following

High volume airflow.
    Single coil
    Easy filling.
    3ml capacity bare minimum.

I have subtank plus and lemo2 and was going to get another lemo2 from big but he just sold out. Lol

Local purchase would be good but not essential as I need to get ni200 as well.

Any ideas please?

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Zephyrus for dual coil.

Single coil options are limited. Lemo 2, goliath 2 or Goblin Mini. Subtank.

3. Longtail1
    Amused

Thanks Rick. Iplan on using this on tc and so far I get a vape I lkke from the Lemo 2 but as Big is sold out I thought I would look at something else.

Might look at the zephyrus as well though for Kanthal builds as well as tc.

4. Rick O-Shea

Haven't tried the Lemo 2 yet with nickel but it seems much better than the Lemo Drop with Kanthal.
    I find the Lemo Drop performs so much better with nickel. Glad I never got rid of it before trying it out.

5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I manage to tame my lemo 2 with a 1.5 ohm build and a driptip from big. At 15 watts its bearable now. But using the Lemo 2 on Temp control, can be tricky, if we believe this guy. But since the Heatvape Invader Mini has a fixed 510 without spring, it might do the trick......

Longtail1 likes this.
  6. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Good timing, Longtail, I was just about to ask the same thing. I am using 14500 mods for travelling and my mod diameters are about 17mm, and the 22mm tanks look wonky on it. Wanted the same things that you were looking for which was a small single coil (so I don't drain battery charge too quickly compared to a dual coil). I was using the Erlkonigin, but the damn things have started leaking on me. I have stayed away from the clearomizer/replaceable coil tanks because I preferred the rebuildables for taste (the last clearomizer I bought was a Kanger EVOD). I ordered the goblin mini, but was wondering about the subtank mini. I heard you can do a traditional wind it yourself kind of coil instead of buying the premade coils, but from looking at pictures of the design, I didn't know exactly how to do it.

7. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

The subtank mini comes with an RBA section and 2 prebuild coils, so you just use the RBA section to make your build.

8. Rick O-Shea

Apart from its appearance I didn't think much of the included drip tip either. Too wide (which seemed pointless considering the diameter at its connection) and most the airflow came from outside the drip tip when I used it due to my pretty little mouth.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Submaniac
    Fiendish

10. Rick O-Shea

There's no rba section in that picture

[​IMG]

11. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Here are some RBA sections :
    Kanger-Subtank-RBAs.jpg
    The Subtank mni comes with one that looks like the one on the left.

12. Submaniac
    Fiendish

13. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

NO. Now you are looking at the Subtank Nano NOT Mini, and Kangertech did NOT made an RBA section for the Subtank Nano only for the normal subtank and subtank mini.

Siam Diesel and Submaniac like this.
  14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Sorry a little off-topic but this video illustrates how some attys are just not well designed for good electrical conductivity. I think his observation is correct as I had terrible resistance jumping with the Lemo and a similar design here with the lemo2 can introduce the same thing. As he showed, quite the variation in resistance readings with the atty as it comes stock. BTW, the Kayfun V4 can also be temperamental unless you have the juice control fully wide open.

The video also touches on the potential problem of resistance locking (Yihi default behavior as I understand it and a feature on newer dna40 chips coming out or out now). With resistance lock the mod is unaware of any changes in electrical resistance so the vape can change and temp control inaccurate if there is any. That's why I don't particularly like locking of resistance. If one can be assured of no changes in resistance I think it would be good but then it seems it wouldn't be needed in the first place if that were the case. IMO, If one wanted to avoid changes in vape due to resistance changes then allow the mod to help you with that by accurately reporting it and then you can adjust the temp, watts or joules to suit what you want.

Finally the mention about the vaporshark's softer adjustable 510 making less-than-solid connections with something like the lemos was also interesting to hear.

Oh and nice he describes his fix for the Lemo2 resistance problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Longtail1
    Amused

Well I managed to find a Zephryus locally and if I get my tracking number today I should have it on Monday to play with. Pics I have seen look VERY interesting. Just wish my internet would last long enough to get a look at a review. Lmao. Also got some Ni200 from the same guy. First I have seen in Thailand personally. Had some problems with this supplier in the past but always got things sorted in the end. Just the language barrier I think but if all goes well this time I have a few things I can get there.

Roll on Monday. Lol

Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.