1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

hello from south australia

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by chris snell, Jan 18, 2015.

1. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell Thread Starter crispenator

Hi i am fairly new to the world of vaping ,been on it for around 8 weeks now and of the smokes (almost) ,i hope that i can get the best advice here for vaping when i am in thailand and maybe even meet and make some new friends .I am fairly old not a youngster and smoked for near on 40 years but have as i say almost kicked the habit ,i vape a ego i stick, and pipe ,i enjoy the pipe as i find it relaxing to sit and watch the telli and vape away ,anyway hello to all and i hope you can answer my questions about vaping in the land of smiles.

2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Welcome and we can only try to help. :)

When do you come over?

3. chris snell
    Fine

Hi i am coming over in june this year for a month ,some questions i need to ask about customs at the airport and how they veiw vaping gear

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Where in SA are you mate?
    I visited Adelaide a few years ago, loved it so much....

:welcome:

5. chris snell
    Fine

Hi i live in the southern vales near were they hold the tour down under bike race which starts today ,glad you liked your stay apart from the lack of work here they say we are the cheapest place to live in australia .

6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Ask your questions and I am sure someone can help.

chris snell likes this.
  7. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

8. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

:welcome: I am sure you will get a lot of great answers to your vaping questions from the members here.

chris snell likes this.
  9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Just ask away and welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy it, as much as I do. I have been a pipe smoker too, but the last years only on cigarettes. Now complete cigarette free, only vaping. :welcome::vaping::vaping::vaping:

chris snell and Rowdy like this.
  10. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

welcome Chris ...

IF you need some assistance before you come over here, highly suggest you visit this forum too: aussievapers.com

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:
    Ask away...we're rarely at a loss for words on here.
    :wink:

Sent from my Ti Mini

12. Rowdy
    Devilish

Rowdy Old broken down Vaper

A Big welcome from a fellow Aussie. Enjoy your vaping and you will get plenty of good advice on this forum, they have helped this ole bloke a lot.

Rowdy.

:welcome::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::vaping::cigarette:

chris snell likes this.
  13. chris snell
    Fine

Hi all thankyou for the warm welcome ,buzzsamui i am a member of that forum as well but now i have the best of both aussie vapors and thai vapours ,just got my birthday present from my friend in bangkok very nice surprie when i got home didnt know it was coming ,she very sneaky this girl i think.

BuzzSamui likes this.
  14. BuzzSamui
    Cloud_9

BuzzSamui Well-Known Member

to answer your question about thai customs: very rare to get searched coming into thailand ...
    (I just walk straight thru nothing to declare and look at the exit, not the men on duty...)
    ... even if you did get searched, having vape gear for personal use is still ok.

What I would be checking is when you are leaving Oz, where you pack your gear to get thru airport security safely there ... basically if you put all in yr checked-in baggage, you should be fine
    Carrying an eGo with your carry-on shouldn't be a prob either (make sure to turn it off of course)
    (I stuff juice bottles (sealed inside small zip bags) into rolled-up socks)

chris snell, PattsVaper and Rowdy like this.
  15. chris snell
    Fine

Hi mate yea i have been thinking about this i can go with the sealed bags but rolling them in your socks could bring on suspision of what it is hiding in your sock .From what i have thought is wil carry on all batteries in special containers (plastic0 a small case with around 10 x 10ml bottles of juice and my ego ,i will put my epipe in my checked bag and carry on the batteries and also place some 30ml bottles in a sealed bag and place that in my checked baggage in a shaving bag with the rest of my shaving gear .
    i will carry the ego with me for my transition in changi after 8 hours i am sure to want a puff as i have around a 2 hour layover there i think this will be ok as i have read about batteries on the website for dangerous goods ,i know or have been tol it is ilegal to import ecig gear into thailand but was tols as you have said that personal gear is ok .what do you think sound ok or any tips
    cheers
    chris