1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

e-Vic TC 60 W mini new upgrade to firmware 2.0

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by Dieter., Nov 5, 2015.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

I have just seen, that there is a new upgrade for the firmware of the e-VicTC mini at Joyetechs website to the firmware 2.0. It should also now in TC mode be able to use steel wire (SS Edelstahl) I got the information from a German website.

Software download - Joyetech

Neilly, Moog, Siam Diesel and 4 others like this.
  2. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

Originally posted by Madboy on Joyetech's Forum:

Hi all

New Firmware version has been released with Stainless Steel support and a brilliant new screen.

Here is the link for the firmware Software download - Joyetech

There is also a 1.3 Firmware in the package for SS support and if you dont like the new screen you can just install that.

[​IMG]

fridgemagnet, Neilly, Moog and 7 others like this.
  3. BKKPOO

BKKPOO Well-Known Member

Yes I just saw it and downloaded it since I have some SS wire. The entire display has changed. Very neato device this evic vtc mini. I've never tried TC, so I will have some playing around to do.

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 3.27.13 PM.png

Moog, Scratchy and taotoo like this.
  4. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

This upgrade is what finally pushed me over the edge to get one along with Fasttech's new 10%off Sitewide Coupon for November ( XMAS ) and a credit I've sitting there allowed me to pick one up for just over $23 out of pocket and the black one is in stock to ship next day. I'm really stoked on the way Joyetech has been paying attention to their customers rather than just putting out mod after mod with their head in the sand. Every other mod maker out there could learn a thing or two from them.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    fridgemagnet, Moog, Neilly and 3 others like this.
  5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Nice and thanks for the heads-up!

The Rev likes this.
  6. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

Joyetech didn't just released a new firmware update, they also announced a newer version of the Mini, with new tanks and new colours.

detail - Joyetech

The Mini was release only just less than two months ago and they already announce a new one, the heck !?!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Siam Diesel, The Rev and taotoo like this.
  7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Only different colours? ^

8. Jared S
    Spaced

Siam Diesel and Neilly like this.
  9. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Well yeah, I saw that. I'm sure it'll be available separately.

10. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

I just ordered the black one by itself today. I don't get into prebuilt coils as that would cost me a fortune real quick. I really like where they have gone and are headed with their upgradable chip. It's the looks of the mod itself that has kept me from picking one up. Until it had native Stainless Steel support it really didn't have anything I wanted. With native SS and possibility to keep up with the pack for a while in upgrades the VTC Mini is a rocking little device now.

Siam Diesel and taotoo like this.
  11. taotoo

taotoo Well-Known Member

The One/Tron tanks in the kits do have rebuildable heads available for them.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. Jared S
    Spaced

Yep, the CL-R coil head.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  13. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

MEh.... I'm nearly done chasing that dragon. It's going to take something mighty good to move me from my Kayfuns. I started to realize that I'm really happy with what I have and don't have a good reason to keep trying to search for better. To be honest, right now I'm getting too much flavor and am trying to figure out how to chill it out. I think I'm going to have to go to a higher gauge wire and higher ohms to bring it back to a range I'm happy.

Siam Diesel, BKKPOO and Konvict like this.
  14. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Ive been finding that Im getting too much flavor too, my original McJuice range was developed when we where all vaping at 10 watts max and since ive moved to 20 watts and more vapor ive been looking at introducing less flavor, seems strange but I recently had a bottle or two of Aphrodite from MOV which is designed for higher wattage and the flavor wasn't strong but really good.

Siam Diesel and The Rev like this.
  15. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Only time I can recall having too much flavor was with one of the Five Pawns juices. Cannot recall which one that was but it was like over the top. Anyway, since then and having vaped dozens of different juices most of them the past year sub-ohmed as well as in RDAs, none of them are, technically, too strong-flavored. At least not for my vape pallete. Some of them here and there that I didn't particularly like were of course too strong flavored because the flavor for me sucked! :)

A few have not done well at higher temps/watts/voltage such as the Grants Custard.

Siam Diesel, fridgemagnet and Emmess like this.