1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cloupor Mini # 2 melts down

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by -V-, Jan 22, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I just read this on another FB page, this is what happened (Please note this wasn't mine) :

"My 4 day old cloupor mini decided to SMOKE itself this morn!"

Question: Were you charging it when this happened?

"no, I had a taken a hit from it and sat it down, then looked over and it was maybe 30sec later Smoking ... Picked it up and it the magnet was so HOT, so glad I could back get the battery out. really fast, the inside looked like it was glowing"

Screen Shot 2558-01-22 at 9.59.32 PM.png

I think I'm gonna sell mine...
    Anyone want to buy it? :wink:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Cloupor= Boom. First i am happy nothing happened to you -V-, second and i say it again, avoid cloupor products IMHO!

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I second that. I now have heard so much about Cloupor's quality mods, that I'm not buying from that company. Thanks to all of you who have tried it before me, so I don't have to make the same mistake... Good you are safe V.

4. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

V. It looks like the same place as that one the other day. fried chip - not meant to be funny..

If this is general then cloupor will be finish in the regulated mod bussinesss

5. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Cloupor will release a statement soon, something along the lines of;

-V- likes this.
  6. -V-
    Cool

:rolling laugh:

7. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

I disagree with popular opinion...I think they have a wonderful product as long as you aren't stupid enough to put a battery in it....which constitutes user error.

Unfortunately I think this is the new norm for the industry that keeps pumping out products at a furious rate in order to capitalize on the market. Every release of every box mod out of China has had issues, some small and insignificant, but if they would have taken the time and properly tested their product they would have caught these problems.

8. Rick O-Shea

Trouble is, nobody in these companies even seem to vape. They have what appear to be secretaries uploading promotional videos of them blowing into atomizers and saying "wery huge wapor".
    Maybe that's why nobody wants to vape, they know much more than us about the devices development.

Talen likes this.
  9. -V-
    Cool

I just updated the OP, sorry guys this wasn't mine it was another one I found on FB....
    The OP reads a bit clearer now....

10. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

ok this is a 40usd mod, and we should not be getting these problems, however Ive paid 300usd for the latest mod from VF, and its giving me problems too, If I vape over 25watts I get 20minets before it tells me my battery is empty, I take them out and there still at 4 volts. It also locks in temp protection mode. my postage costs to return this will cost me more than a clone. maybe ill get it back I don't know. Ether way this is starting to piss me off because it looks like you cant get a regulated mod that works weather you pay 40usd or 300usd. I also have an istick that has worked ok but now im having problems with the non adjustable 510. Is it too much to ask for a regulated mod that works? Thank god for mec mods and the coil builds to go with them.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  11. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

After V post I now have a long vape and then remove the battery until next vape!!:rolling laugh::rolling laugh:

12. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

And you lot wonder why it is I prefer to use a mechanical vape...;)

13. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Except for less than stellar battery life with my Cloupor T5 and sometimes my own user error, no real performance issues at all with any of the regulated mods I have owned and still own (about 12 in total through time). Only the occasional 510 connection adjustment needed on a coupe of them.

Love my mechs as well though sometimes those too need adjustments or accommodations in making the 510 connection solid or trying to get some attys to sit flush.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  14. Rick O-Shea

The Sigelei + relegated my mechanicals to the shelf. It's nice to get the same vape from beginning to end.
    Using mechanicals again ATM as I sold the Sigelei but only until the 150 arrives.

Methos likes this.
  15. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

True that you get a consistent vape with regulated, but it's not a problem if you have alot of fresh batteries around. And (I think I've posted a picture before) I have alot of batteries for that reason.